Help!! Is this normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 5 weeks post-op for cystocele retocele and hysterectomy surgery. Surgery went well but I have had 2 UTI'so and still have pain in my bladder area. My lower back in the spine area hurts so bad I can hardly move. I can't decide if any of this is normal or if I have something else going on. Any suggestions would be be helpful.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's early days, I'm 6mths post a&p repair and I had a couple of UTI at the beginning, I was sore for at least 10 weeks, are you resting lots as if you do too much it does give you bad backache, I didn't even venture outside until week 10 I just had tiny strolls around the garden, xx

• Posted

I try to just rest most of the time. I definitely have been this week. Right now the pain is just about to get the best of me. Not sure if normal or not.
    • Posted

I would say it's normal to have some pain at this stage are you taking painkillers if it doesn't settle I would ring your GP as it could be another uti starting x

• Posted

Definitely taking pain killers. So far today nor touching it. Just seems odd that I have this much pain after this long. Hate calling doctor if this is to be expected.
    • Posted

You might need something a bit stronger, but I do remember the pain got worse before it settled as the stitches start to dissolve I'm sure your dr won't mind you asking advice

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. If it doesn't let up this afternoon I think I will call the doctor.

• Posted

It's early days, I'm 6mths post a&p repair and I had a couple of UTI at the beginning, I was sore for at least 10 weeks, are you resting lots as if you do too much it does give you bad backache, I didn't even venture outside until week 10 I just had tiny strolls around the garden, xx

• Posted

Hi .....I know how you feel!   I had the same op 6 weeks ago and today had a lot of abdominal aches and inside too.....made me miserable to say the least especially as although I expected pain but thought  it would be less than today.  I took a stronger painkiller too.    There's no UTI (I have my own urine sticks as I suffered so much with UTI's before my op).   It's a long healing process and we must take things very slowly, even when's we feel better.  I am personally looking at 3 months to feel at least a lot less pain! 

If you aren't sure perhaps have a UTI check up.   However I think this pain seems to come on now and again and perhaps it is the stitches tightening up I don't know, or we've just slightly overdone things.   Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thanks!! Glad to know it's not just me although sorry to hear you aren't feeling well either. Just kind of disappointing. Thought the worst would be over by now. Haven't felt this bad for several weeks. Feel better!

• Posted

I don't think us ladies are given enough information about this surgery, thank god for this forum, I honestly thought it was going to be like when I had my hysterectomy 15yrs ago it was no way close to that ,keep smiling ladies healing hugs x

• Posted

I've had back pains and was on 2 panadols and 2 nurofens twice daily for 5 week

But then again had 3 procedures done

Try to walk around to house to strengthen your legs and back muscles

• Posted

I've had back pains and was on 2 panadols and 2 nurofens twice daily for 5 week

But then again had 3 procedures done

Try to walk around to house to strengthen your legs and back muscles

• Posted

I do walk around the house as much as s possible but some days just not up to it. Do you mind me asking what 3 procedures you had?
    • Posted

I onky had cystocele and rectocele done and viaginal walls repair

I think it is normall to still feel a bit sore , it is a major surgery and in the area which is very delicate and constantly used to go to toilet!

As long as there to infection anywhere

And stitches felt like barbwire shoved insides😨

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.