Help!! Is this normal.

Posted , 7 users are following.

imageimage this what happens during a bowel movement. but goes back to normal right after. What is it?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It might be prolapsed hemorrhoid or minor rectal prolapse...hence immediately consult doctor....are you having any bleeding??? Is yes..it might be hemorrhoid if not then the latter...

• Posted

hi. I have an appointment Thursday. nope no bleeding..no pain. its just there.

• Edited

Omg I am 17 years old female and I have the exact same problem. I sometimes feel pressure in the anus too. I have never experienced bleeding. I dont get this red mass every time I have a bowel movement, only sometimes. I think it has to do with what I eat. Also mine it is not as symmetrical. 1 or 2 times I had a tiiiny bit of mucus in my underwear. I am reallg concerned...I wish it is not prolapse!!!! I can't go o a doctor because of money issues. What did your doctor tell you?? What was it?

• Posted

i have seen similar to this on occasion when i have squatted for a photo (dont ask..trying to see my hemorroids) and my gp thought it was prolapsing hemorrhoids however the colorectal surgeon said i had no prolapsed hemorrhoids however he did diagnosis me with a mild rectocele and that it may have been mucosal prolapse (he didnt see photo) . i had symtoms of Tenesmus (like i needed to empty my bowel and feels swollen and like im sitting on a bulge (thats the rectocele).

• Posted

hi @juliebnz can you pm me with more of your symptoms please??? i have red flesh protruding after bowel movements but i cant see really similar photos on google to compare to, the prolapse photos look way more extreme than what i'm experiencing

• Posted

i dont have the brighter red inside just the outer bulging

• Posted

I would say defo rectal prolapse, join the fb group pelvic floor prolapse i think its called pop for short. Millions of women on their who support each other with help and advice on this matter. I have one too, so I know how it feels, very uncomfortable and BM can get trapped behind it, so can make you bloated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.