Help, ivory patches on glans

Posted , 6 users are following.

please help me with this because i went to almost 10 doctors and everyone is saying something different but they are saying that it is not something serious at all and i am very afraid of it.

5 months ago i started noticing ivory patches on my glans specially around the top of glans, they are not itchy and i don't feel of anything just the change of color and my skin started to get red after i used some creams like fucidin H. please see the photo and tell me if it is something serious or just changing of color. note that i am circumcised.

THANKS A LOT

imageimage

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

Hi mike,

Given your numerous encounters with the medical profession, the only way of resolving this issue at this stage is to get a skin biopsy of the affected area. The drawback to this, apart from the obvious pain and bleeding, is that it will leave a small scar/dimple at the site of the biopsy. If you're prepared to face the consequences, then find a willing dermatologist to do it; otherwise I suggest you leave it and see if additional symptoms develop for the diagnosis to finally reveal itself.

For what it's worth, I suspect you have mild or early lichen sclerosis. You may have already been told or read about this, so be vigilant for any additional symptoms that may develop later.

Adhari

• Posted

but it is not itchy and i read that LS is itchy, i am thinking seriously of doing biopsy. is there any hope it is some kind of bacteria and not LS?

• Posted

Interestingly, LS is very itchy in women is not so prominent a symptom of LS in men. An infection would usually be associated with inflammation (pain, redness, swelling, boils, ulceration) and the photos do not indicate any of these features.

• Posted

i have redness and dryness and it happened after i used Fucidin H 1 month ago and I am still fighting the dryness tell now. I am very depressed and i don't know what to do

• Posted

OK, so now you're saying the white patches started AFTER using the Fucidin-HC cream? And in that time you saw 10 (ten) doctors within a month??! It's quite important to establish the timeline to determine causality as diagnosis is based on a good history as well as physical examination.

It's possible that these patches of whiteness could be a side-effect of Fucidin-H; in the list of side-effects Fucidin-H can cause the skin to lighten (hypopigmentation).

[(https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5511.pdf)https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5511.pdf]

• Posted

the patches were exist before i started to use the Fucidin H, and when i used the fucidin H i felt that the skin is destroyed and became very dry and red in the middle of glans it made the condition much worse. I went to the doctor to check the patches only and now i'm fighting the patches and the dryness and redness. i used to put fucidin H twice a day and i put a lot because i did not know its side effects. i feel very stupid now and i wish i didn't go to the doctor at all. i am thinking of biopsy a lot if it will give me the final diagnose i don't care about pain

• Edited

before i went to doctor i had no issues except the patches and when i went to the doctor 1 month ago and i used Fucidin H the struggle started after one week of excessive use of it the skin became so red and dry. then i used antifungal for 2 days i didnt notice improvement then i used mometazone for 3 days and i didn't notice difference either. i tried propotic also for 2 days and no improvement. i can't continue the treatment for 7 days because of dryness. now i am just using moisturizer in order to fight the dryness

• Posted

is there any hope it is vitiligo

• Posted

Vitiligo is a possibility, but they tend to affect large patches of skin.

• Posted

what about the biopsy of this area is it painful a lot and will it affect sex? i want to marry and i am very depressed

• Posted

Thank you for your message, Adhari has given you the best advice.

I would go ahead and get the biopsy done as it causes no lasting issue and will fully heal in 5 to 8 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.