help just had 6 facet injections today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had 6 facet injections today now i can't bend down at all am inso much pain also worried about painkillers

Tried to speak to the doctor about it but he seemed like he was in a rush and didn't have time for my questions

Has anybody else felt like this I don't know when I'm going to get back to work 😞

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly

i had some facet joint injections about 10 days ago. When I had them, the doctor explained that sometimes, you feel increased pain for a short time before it Improves. Other times, it can take up to two weeks to improve. I have had them before and had no improvement so I am keeping my fingers crossed this time. If you are worried, do not let this doctor put you off. Insist he finds time to speak with you. I have been lucky. My doctor has always found time to speak with me. It's your body after all. You have a right to be heard. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Valerie

Are you having to take painkillers I still am ans in worried about how and when I can return to work

Will just have to see how the week goes I guess

That's why its so helpful to speak to people who have been through it

Thanks

Kelly

• Posted

Kelly; I have no idea what Facet Joint Injections actually ARE! But, then, I have no idea what particular spinal problem you have. 

I have spondylolisthesis. I exist on Co-codamol and Gabapentin. Without those drugs, I couldn't function at all. And even with them, there are many days on which I'm in so much pain that I can barely move. This is the rest of my life. Stuck having to take drugs that don't help - but without which I couldn't function.  

There is a big difference between what is available in the USA and what's available in the UK. I have no further to go. I'm taking the maximum pain relief that our National Health Service can prescribe. I beciome ever less able to cope, physically. And my spine continues to deteriorate. Each month brings a new manifestation of pain. I have no recourse to injections. But this year, I have to make a supreme effort to cope. My elder daughter is getting married. Going to be a long day. I'll have no opportunity to rest between church ceremony - at two p.m - and late night festivities. Going to be a hard day, emotionaly, too.  First family wedding since elder son wed. He died two years ago. Late-diagnosed cancer. I'm in pain constantly. Dependant on drugs that no longer have any effect. Would that an injection could bring about any degree of relief......

• Posted

No need to worry .you can take painkiller in a week and contact to doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.