Help! Lost on what could be wrong!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So it's been 3.5 years and we can't figure out what is wrong. I have always suspected gallbladder problems due to the golfball like feeling under my right rib and radiating back pain. I had HIDA scan, ultrasound, endoscopy and colonoscopy and a breath test...thankfully everything has come back clean. What once was like constant discomfort is not becoming painful. 

I definitely have some sort of digestive issue. I feel like someone blew up my belly like a balloon. The constant belly pain / gas pain is awful. I have been put on heartburn type meds which do nothing. 

And lately I feel like I can't take in enough air. (not a lung feeling but like an belly feeling)...

I am 41, healthy and active. Any one have thought to this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have that feeling, but i got diagnosed with gastritis, non working gallbladder and now with gallstones. Any food i eat will make me bloat and i have to burp a lot .I do get slight pain if i eat fatty food on the right side below rib. When stomach get severe bloated, lot of confusion,dizziness and fatigue occurs. Doctors advising to remove gb, but they feel it wont solve all the issues as i have gastritis too.
  • Posted

Have you tried cutting out gluten which can cause bloating.and tried avoiding gassy drinks and vegetables like brussels sprouts, cabbage and broccoli? Maybe you have non celiac gluten intolerance.  I would have suggested gastritis but that would have shown on the endoscopy and in your case it didn't.

• Posted

Sounds like everything I had. Pain under my right breast that went straight through to my back. Removed Gallbladder. First DR. said Gastritis. And I may still have Gastritis, it take a while to heal but I believe my GB was the cause of it. Three weeks ago, I had my GB removed. Still a little back pain, swollen and healing inside but the big searing pain is gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.