Help! LS clobetozol miscarrage/ectopic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with LS 2 years ago. In January we had a miscarrage and yesterday we found out I have an ectopic pregnancy. Both times I had terrible flair ups during the two week wait and then one after I found out I was pregnant. I used clobetozol frequently during that time and I am worried that is what may have contributed to both loses. Has anyone heard of any research that could support this? My doctor said that it should not have made a difference but he, like most, is not super familiar with the condition. I am devastated and attempting to make some Spence out of all of this sadness. Any information or stories of your own would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say how sorry I am for your situation. I can't imagine that a topical steroid would bear any relation to either miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. I hope that things look up for you and you go on one day to have a lovely healthy baby.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you so much ann, I really appreciate your kind words. this has been such a painful process and I have been trying to figure out anything that could have caused them. . I hope that our third time is the charm. 
  • Posted

Unfortunately Kate it does seem with pregnancy issues that you may well just have been unlucky. Of course having to deal with LS at the same time as trying to get pregnant .has to be very difficult. I was fortunate that I didn't develop LS until my late sixties so can't imagine how hard it must be to be dealing with when only young.

In my own experience the steroid ointment has been vital. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Kate

I am sorry to hear about your situation, must be very hard for you. I don't have any answers but I would be surprised if LS would have anything to do at all with any pregnancy issues. My personal advice for LS (had it for over 30 years) is to use the steroid creams sparingly, once or twice a week, and to try other remedies to stop the itch. A lot f woman seem to find a Borax solution very helpful and I have been using over the past 6 weeks a mixture of 4 tablespoons of Organic castor oil, 1 DROP Lemon Grass Essence oil, 2 DROPS Lavender Essence oil. Don't exceed the drops in anyway and use a small dropper. Since using this mixture I haven't had an itch once and my skin is returning to a normal pink colour instead of looking inflamed all the time. Some woman say this mixture "burns" but I am sure that is because they haven't been vigilant with the drops. Lemon Grass is very strong so just one SMALL DROP.

Good luck

Jan

• Posted

Further to my other notes, a baby cream like Desitin or Fissan Paste is really good and you can load it on as much as you like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.