Help me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had eczema since i was a baby however it seems to have got better as i have got older until recently.

I have started to get a rash on my chest with little blister/spots which is very dry. I have been to doctors who gave me betnovate ointment however this seems to be making it worse i think its too strong as the area is very sensitive.

As its on my chest it is visible all the time and i feel embarassed by it covering it iritates it even more.

Anyone suffered anything like this? I am wondering if its a flare up of my eczema however it doesnt seem to be going. Can anyone recommend any good cream or lotions etc to use?

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, St. John's Wort Cream, and if you are not taking any medication, you could also try it in pill form. St. John's Wort Pills cured my eczema permanently. Details in the posts you can access by clicking on my profile.

Best of luck!

Greg.

• Posted

Thank you will defo look into this although i would prefer the cream rather than tablets.

Hopefully this will be the answer!

• Posted

It certainly has great potential to help at the very least! If you type "St. John's Wort Cream and Eczema clinical trial" in your search engine, you will find out that the cream was very helpful for most participants in very little time.

Enjoy reading!

Greg.

• Posted

Reading Gregs post with interest,  can someone attest to this?  Did anyone try St Johns Wort?  Thanks 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad my posts are interesting to you. I have been active on this forum for several years and surprisingly, I have not heard of many people trying out SJW as I have, and therefore reporting much results.

However, I'm also quite active on a blog about eczema in France, and the results for the patients who have tried it in pill form have been mostly phenomenal. If you can read, or know someone who can translate French for you, would you like me to private-message you to give you the link to this blog? I would love to post it here publically so that anyone could access it, but that is unfortunately impossible due to the rules on this forum.

Regards,

Greg.

• Posted

Well I have been tirelessly trying anything to help my daughters atopic dermatitis.  She has had this since 6 months old.  Steroids have really been awful.  Every time she stops using them the rebound is horrid.  The derms want to start her on Dupixent but she and I are both worried about that.   Thanks for your help.  I don't know French even though one of my great grand fathers was French smile

I have also heard that probiotics help.  We must have tried a hundred and one things.  

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's ordeal, which many have also experienced with this puzzling disease. I for my part only started suffering as an adult, but one of the bloggers on the site I was mentioning had a very similar disease history as your daughter, and started getting better after only 8 days on oral Saint John's Wort. She is now 25 years old, and would not pose on a picture with her own 9 months old daughter, because the skin on her face was so inflamed by the eczema. She reported that it was now possible, and she also mentioned that she is no longer self-mutilating during her sleep because the urge to scratch was so intense before trying SJW.

I can only suggest you to read more about it, and then consider if you would like to recommend her to try it. There is no guarantee for anyone with any medication, natural or not, but when many people report success, it might give enough motivation to give it a chance to help.

Best of luck!

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.