Help Me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm 15 years old and I've been having really uncomfortable chest pains for the past month and my left arm will hurt and get randomly uncomfortable too. Today has been the worst of them all so far, super uncomfortable and feel dizzy. I smoke and I'm a guy, I weigh 200 pounds and I'm 5'11, I went to the doctors about a month ago and they checked my heart and said I was completely fine and that it was anxiety. I'm just super scared please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brennan

The first thing I would say to you is don't panic. 

The vast majority of the time these pains are not what our minds tell us they could be! I've been where you are now as have many other people, so please don't panic.

That said i will say that you must go to your doctor again. 

People on here can be great support, but everybody is different as are everyone's experiences. You must speak to your health professional. It doesn't matter that you've spoken to them before, because you still have concerns and that means something needs to be dealt with.

Even if it is nothing to worry about, he/she is the only person that can set your mind at rest. There are a million and one possible explanations for you symptoms - the doctor is in a position to find out what the correct one is.

But you must also be completely honest with them.

Tell them that you are concerend and why. Tell them exactly what the pain is like and where it is, and even tell them that you've come onto this forum looking for help because you're so concerned.

It's important that they have all the information. Only then can they give you the correct advice, whether that is for a medical condition, or to help with any anxiety you might feel.

I wish you well mate and would urge you to make an appt first thing.

• Posted

I tell my family to take me and they say they aren't going to waste a trip to sit at the hospital because they know it's anxiety. This morning it's extremely awful and I don't even think I can go to school and they don't care.

• Posted

Hi Brennan.

Is there any reason why you can't go to the doctor yourself?

There is no medical reason you cannot go alone. To get an appointment you don't need your parents with you.

• Posted

I know but I'm only 15 and I can't drive. I have no way to get there if I wanted to.

• Posted

Couldn't have said better than the previous comment - go to the doctors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.