Help me Health anxiety cancer fear

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 35 year old male overweight i have illness anxiety disorder my story starts since i was a kid i had fear of Hiv then hepatitis now turned to cancer.. i saw blood once or twice like a month ago since then i went totally crazy obsessing over my stool checking it everytime for 4 weeks i saw red or atleast what i thought was red maybe twice i made an occult stool test it came bk negative but u know since my mind is missed up i started to question it maybe it was a false negative my haemoglobin was normal but i had a mild iron deficiency since i drink diet coke with food since i was 20 .. im going crazy over i think i have colon cancer.. dr told me it might be a mild case of internal piles .. plz help me i beg u my life is ruined

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more like piles.  When piles bleed they produce bright red blood. Trust your doctor and your negative test results.  Your doctor would have referred you for a colonoscopy if he was concerned.  He hasn’t done this. Try losing weight and cooking from freah.  Cut out coke and other junk foods.  If you had colon cancer you would more likely to be losing weight unintentionally rather than being overweight.  Make sure you eat lots of fruit and fibre to make stools easy to pass.  This will help to prevent constipation and piles from excessive straining.  Ask your doctor for help with your health anxiety.

Are you eating anything red that may not be digesting properly?

• Posted

Maybe do a colonoscopy to convince yourself that you don't have colon cancer. It will help you relax.

• Posted

I don't believe you have anything to worry about When I was about 25 I had this problem and end up being and internal hemorrhoid But I would say it's probably just something that you ate. But you need to get help with your anxiety the because that can cause you all kinds of symptoms and health problems. I know it's hard but try being positive about it instead of being so negative And if you need to get You're Colin checked To prove to yourself that you don't have: cancer then do it. But the problem with anxiety is that even if you do have

It done and you don't have: cancer after that it will be something else. I believe if you see a doctor and get help with your anxiety all these other issues will go away. I will be praying for you and I believe that God will touch you and help you

• Posted

Thx ur right my anxiety messes up with everything even tho the test was negative and i dont have any other symptom but my anxiety keeps lying to me.. pray for me plz
  • Posted

Bro I can totally relate except I've got all the symptoms of colon cancer and he health anxiety I've lost weight this year I'm bloated all day I'm constantly constipated im fatigue dizziness short of breath I just know I've got it and I am dying and it's sooooooooooo sad man I'm literally shook the core

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.