help me identify shoulder problem please

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm hoping someone can help me identify what might be wrong with my shoulder because I can't afford to see a doctor right now.

My problem started after a regular day of computer use (I use the computer daily for work).

I noticed I was feeling a pinching pain in my shoulder when raising my right arm.

At first I only had pain when raising my arm. But now I am noticing pain when lying on my right side, and also when doing every day tasks, for example, stirring soup on the stove; using the computer (typing, mouse) and also when holding my phone, even if my shoulder isn't raised - just moving my fingers to use the phone keyboard with arm lowered, is causing shoulder pain.

This has gone on so far about a month with pain becoming more constant over time during my daily activities, even those, as I mentioned, where I don't seem to be directly engaging my shoulder!

As far as directly moving my shoulder is concerned here is when I notice - when moving my arm in an arc, I only feel pain at the point when I completely raise my arm so that my hand is pointed upward. The pinch comes at the very last moment when my arm is fully extended upward - but doing tests I do not always feel it. sometimes it is there, sometimes nothing. and I am more likely to feel the pinch if I raised my arm in a forward position, raising it before my body, rather than raising it up from the side.

Raising the arm up all in the way in the forward position is definitely more likely to provoke the pain than raising the arm to the side - but I think the main thing is that my pain doesn't kick in until the arm is raised all the way up.

At first I thought this must be shoulder impingement, but when I do the tests for impingement on physical therapy websites, they don't trigger my pain. I have also been doing common exercises for impingement, but am not noticing any improvement - all I notice is that when I am doing many of them, I start to feel pain in my shoulder.

I'd appreciate any ideas to help me narrow down what the problem might be so that I can try to find some appropriate exercises that might help.

Thanks very much!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.