HELP ME PLEASE!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Okay so this all started a couple of months ago at college where I had a fast heart rate that would last all day and sometimes stop the next day only to start again later on in that next day and this whole thing lasted for a couple of days or maybe two to three weeks ( I can't remember) and stopped. Now after a couple of months I had this strange feeling in the heart area which I couldn't describe along with a warm feeling. So I went to the hospital and they gaze me an ECG which was fine and they listened to my heart which is when they told me I had an irregular heartbeat and when I said I was worried about it being heart disease or a blood clot and they said not at my age (I'm 18) I also had my legs checked as I would have a strange feeling kind of like something was rushing or moving up and through my legs when I lay down and they said my legs were fine too so they sent me to a doctors surgery after the doctor at the hospital said something about electrolytes or an electrical current through the heart? Something like that and when I got to the gp they told me these irregular heartbeat are known as palpitations so they gave me some propranolol and after the first week or so if taking them it got rid of the strange feeling in the heart area but a couple of days after the feeling of something moving\rushing up my legs returned, so did the warm and weird feeling in the heart area and my legs would also feel weak when walking aeound. I've also had diarrhea which is probably a side effect, I've gotten really hot, my hands sweat, I've a headache, pressure\heavyness in my back and a slight heavyness in my chest, a strange almost right feeling in my cheeks, a pressure\stiffness on the back of my neck for like two weeks now and in the last couple of days the feeling in my legs ( the rushing and weakness) has gone, so has the neck pressure, the only thing I have had in the last few days is the back pressure and the slight pressure\heavyness \uneasy feeling in my chest and a new symptoms has appeared which is my left arm feeling slightly heavier\more tired than usual and I'm really scared that this could be a sign of heart disease but because I've told my parents all these symptoms only to be dismissed as a hypochondriac especially after the ECG and doctor listening to my heart didn't find anything what am I supposed to do? Also this slight heavyness\tiredness in my left arm has been there since last night and hasn't really gone away so I'm scared as hell so someone please tell me what to do? I've gotta wait until Monday for a result from another ECG.p but I'm scared that something could happen before then sad

0 likes, 103 replies

103 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ok so don't panic but you need to either contact your g.p or get to a&e or if you are not able to do any of those then call for an ambulance, the paramedic will then check you over and see if you need to be checked at the hospital..

any my time that someone has chest pain, combined with arm pain ( heaviness) and an irregular heartbeat should be taken seriously and be checked out.

do it now before you stress more.

take care and catch you when you are better

• Posted

you said heaviness in your chest and a strange feeling in your left arm
    • Posted

Well it doesn't hurt its a very slight feeling if being a little bit and I mean a little bit heavier than normal and my left arm feels a little bit heavier than normal
    • Posted

The slight heavines in my left arm is only noticeable when I move it and it goes away if I sit down and relax and another thing I've noticed is I've been getting stitches quite easily so Idk if this is because I'm not active enough, or anxiety is causing this I just want this to go away.
  • Posted

Hi Thomas

You are 18 years of age and you are worrying yourself silly.  Some of your aches and pains could be due to muscles and the palpatations bring on hot flushes as well.  Stop and smell the roses Thomas, you are far too young to be doing this.  I wish you all the best and I am sure everything will be ok.  Take you mind off yourself by doing something for someone else who needs help  Joyce x

• Posted

So you think it could be anxiety then? Because on two occasions I've suddenly felt really cold and then my legs would shake\Twitch violently for several seconds and then stop and the same happened to my upper body too.
  • Posted

I mean the thing is this stuff happens even when I'm not anxious and I don't think you be anxious and not be aware of it.
  • Posted

If its anxiety you would know it....anxiety is normally a fear of something and your fixation on your aches and pains could be a sympton of anxiety or again it could be palpatations as your dr said.  If you are really worried you should go to hospital.  Anxiety keeps you awake, you can lose your appetite and you are restless, your stomach feels all jittery and you can go to the toilet, it can also make you feel sick, it is a awful feeling of possible doom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.