help me please.!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

a year and half my daughter (5yearsold)was diagnosted with hypermobility syndrome (doble joined) she started feeling pain in one rib and then in the other one i took her to her doctor and they said it was "growing pains" but it was getting worse she started with pain in the other side , neck, stomach, back pain , they reffered me with the rheumatologist and he said it was hypermobility syndrome but i dont know what to do how can i help her ? she plays alot , runs alot but she is always complaining during the day even when she is watching tv or eating please help me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm really glad that you realize that it's more then just growing pains. For acute sharper type pain. I find ice and rest works best. With the achy burning type pain, it's more then likely a combo of slight muscle strain and really tight muscles. She should be careful not to over do it while playing, with me the pain usually creeps up later and I'm not sure what I did to cause it most times. So now I just take it easy even if I feel OK. She would feel soo much better if she got regular massages or learned self massage. The best thing to do for the long run is gentle low impact exercise to strengthen her joints to prevent future injuries. Epsom salt baths or biofreeze gel are my go to for the quickest relief. Tight muscles hurt so much. Staying on top of that will help her big time. Good luck.

• Posted

I agree with Natti. It's a fine balancing act. Some exercise every day is necessary to keep muscles toned and to keep healthy. I totally recommend swimming. This is low impact exercise for all muscles. Helped me greatly. Also learn meditation. Can help to be able to switch off from pain when nothing else works.

• Posted

Sorry I can't help you but my daughter is the same. She is 6 now and I have discussed the pain with physio who suggest swimming. Her ankle also gives way which results in lots of falls and grazes. Still no advice given. It's good your daughter git to see the rheumatologist. Did he not advise anything. From what I have read it's common to get no real advice as majority of GPs and paediatricians are not fully aware of the syndrome.

I'm be following this to see if any advice follows x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.