Help me please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a facial rash presenting as approx 2cm spots along my jaw, around my eyes and on my forehead. It is extremely itch, hot, burning and sore. I have tried high dose prednisone which helps but comes back within 24 hours. I have tried topical antifungal creams and they don’t work. It’s getting to the point where I don’t want to leave the house cause I’m so embarrassed. Please help!!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi ashleigh46805, topical corticosteroids reduce inflammation of the skin by lowering the immune response. You might be allergic or sensitive to some product.

That's why I would recommend avoiding all facial cosmetic products for some time, even contact with shampoo while washing your hair. You could also consider switching to a shampoo and shower gel that is sulfate free. Personally, I would also recommend avoiding contact with washing up liquid as you might inadvertently touch your face after washing dishes. You could also consider changing your laundry detergent and setting your washing machine to perform an additional rinse cycle. If the laundry detergent is a problem you would expect worsening of your condition in the morning after exposure via your pillow cover. 

To help calm down your skin you might want to try Avène Thermal Water aerosol. You can spray it onto your face as a fine mist. It contains Silica among other minerals and is anti-irritant and soothing. 

If your eczema is sore and wet, you could try Calamine lotion. It contains Zinc oxide that is anti-inflammatory and reduces itching. I would not recommend Calamine if your eczema is dry and flaky. 

Whatever product you use, except the water aerosol, it is always good to try it on a small portion first before applying it to all affected areas. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.