Help me Please!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about the past week or so I've been having a feeling asif something is in my throat or mucus or something .. I've been having quite bad shortness of breath that seems to worsen after eating.. I get pain at the top of my abdomen just below sternum and near enough from armpit down to my hip it's weird it seems to be after food I also have a fast heart rate.. between 90-120 usually depending on what ive eaten my average heart rate is in the 60s and 70s when sitting up,it seems to get worse when I worry about It.. especially the lump in throat and shortness of breath! Please help because I'm so scared I suffer from generalized anxiety mainly heath anxiety with abit of social anxiety and I'm scared to go doctors and I'm fearing the worst!! Note I'm a 20 year old male.. none of my family have had heart or lung conditions and I'm not obese although I don't exercise.. Please try to shed some light on this especially if you've had same symptoms and have it treated.. thanks smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Go to your go.. get blood test and endoscopy. Your are so far describing Gerd symptoms but i can well be stress... and ask for helycobacter test as well...

And do not worry its nothing serious.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Ed. I shall book an appointment for first thing Monday and have a word with my doctor about these symptoms and explain it could be gerd or a stomach ulcer, my doc is a very nice guy that's close with my family so he will get a a quick appointment for the procedures.

• Posted

Hi Josh, I had these symptoms including throat as you described was put on and still take 1 year later omeprazole for acid reflux, turns out acid reflux causes the shortness of breath and throat discomfort when acid leaves the stomach to come up the oesophagus,  pains can be constipation, i take 1 laxido at night for that, both from doctors prescription. Walking about half hour a day helps me as well all throat symptoms gone still get some days when stomach not as should be.

​Tracy.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Tracey, I hope you continue to be fine with this annoying and sometimes scary condition (with the breathing problems). Hopefully it's just gerd and nothing anymore serious than this, I'll speak with my doctor and mention gerd and medication for it, I did use to use gaviscon for a burning I got in my throat at night but never get that anymore. It's always there annoying my throat but gets aggrivated after food and it is a more annoying feeling in my throat that causes me to constantly try and swallow rather than a burning sensation. I've also had abit of constipation where I have rabbit dropping stools but recently been having diarrehea but not fill blown cow pat lol. Just abit of water that hurts my tummy but goes off and then comes back like an hour later which causes me to go toilet like 3 times in an hour when abit more comes down my colon ready to be passed but then it will go and re-emerge later on after ive digested more food.

• Posted

It sounds like GERD and stress.  I have chronic GERD and I often feel the mucus feeling at the back of my throat. I constantly have to clear my throat.  This happens when I get silent acid reflux when I don’t inititially feel the acid coming up.  Milk or antacids stop it. My oesophageal sphincter is weak and keeps opening up and letting the acid spew out.  My endoscopy did not pick this up but my GI doctor suggested this was the problem.  Stress and anxiety triggered my GERD so try not to worry because stress aggravates it.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply and advice pippa, i will try to keep more relaxed, I am prone to anxiety attacks especially after food, not to do with my weight but rather the side effects of eating like faster heart rate and sometimes indigestion ect. I am getting alot better at reducing the length of my attacks.. first 2 attacks lasted hours and had paramedics out twice because I thought It was a heart attack or something, but now they usually come and go within 20mins although some symptoms last for a few hours, especially the nausea and shortness of breath, the shivers and the other symptoms I get go quite quickly.
    • Posted

Indigestion can cause intense chest pain which can be confused with a heart attack.  I have had indigestion pain like that and treated it with nurofen, milk or antacids, all of which got rid of the pain.  Anxiety can also cause chest pain.  Try a food diary to see what foods may be causing your indigestion since the problem comes on after eating. Avoid the foods that you identify as the culprits.  The fast heart rate sounds more likely to be triggered by anxiety about eating since you are worried about stomach irritation.
    • Posted

If you are also having change of bowel habit and abdominal pain that moves about along with the nausea and problems after eating and indigestion, this could point to IBS which is strongly linked to anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.