help me please

Posted , 3 users are following.

sad Can somebody help me please i have now been on ramparil for 8 weeks and when i take it in the morning i feel really bad, its like im not really here im in a different world, feel dizzy , nauseus, just not right. Then during the day i have terrible episodes of heart beating fast, dragging feeling in my chest and stomach. Dont know what to do my doctor says this pill doesnt give you side effects. but it does. help me please someone give me some advise.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Ramipril for 2wks and it has been positive so far. I was placed on amlodipine prior to taking ramipril and found that I had the side effects you are experiencing plus episodes of blurred vision.

However, Ramipril is said to cause side effects such as swollen tongue, shortness of breath, swollen ankles, headaches and so on. I have had the headaches, but it seems to have got rid of the low moods and irritable feelings. My ankles are not as badly swollen as they were on atenolol or amlodipine. I feel that BP meds are a gamble and you should not stop yourself from changing if you feel it's making things much worse for you. I feel that different BP meds suit different people as has been the case for me and several others.

Be persistent with your GP until he/she finds the right one for you. Goodluck :idea:

• Posted

Forgot to add, it also dampens your appetite and I don't feel the need to drink alcohol as I would normally with meals. I cannot even finish a glass of wine now and I am happy not to...
  • Posted

[quote:039672cce3=\"northey \"]sad Can somebody help me please i have now been on ramparil for 8 weeks and when i take it in the morning i feel really bad, its like im not really here im in a different world, feel dizzy , nauseus, just not right. Then during the day i have terrible episodes of heart beating fast, dragging feeling in my chest and stomach. Dont know what to do my doctor says this pill doesnt give you side effects. but it does. help me please someone give me some advise.[/quote:039672cce3]

Hi

I tried ramipril after being diagnosed with high BP. I had all sorts of horrible side effects. Cough, sore throat, tiredness, aches, loss of sex drive. Anyway I couldn't put up with it any longer, so stopped taking them and went back to see my GP who was fantastic. Your doctor is talking rubbish, some folk have no side effects with this med, some cannot tolerate it. This is not me saying this, my doctor sat there and told me this. Only confirming what I had already experienced myself.

My doc put me on Amais, a Angiotensin receptor blocker. Ive had no side effects and my BP has dropped. If you GP won't change your meds, change your doctor.....

• Posted

[quote:5f7387219c=\"northey \"]sad Can somebody help me please i have now been on ramparil for 8 weeks and when i take it in the morning i feel really bad, its like im not really here im in a different world, feel dizzy , nauseus, just not right. Then during the day i have terrible episodes of heart beating fast, dragging feeling in my chest and stomach. Dont know what to do my doctor says this pill doesnt give you side effects. but it does. help me please someone give me some advise.[/quote:5f7387219c]
  • Posted

I have only just started RAMIPRIL but the consultant told me to take at night so that i was lying down or asleep to avoid some of the effects. My blood pressure is on the low side anyway so a bit worried if it goes lower.
  • Posted

Just to let you know ive been back to the doctors who has taken me off Rampril as I was having terrible side effects, and I mean terrible. She has put me on Amais which seem alot better not sure if they are bringing down the blood pressure enough wont know till next week even if she ups the dosage anything must be better then rampril.
  • Posted

that is great news.hope the new med is working for you, i invested in a blood pressure machine for use at home and i make a chart which records it am and pm daily so i show the Dr on my 6 monthly visits which re-assures us both the medication is working..maybe its something you could try too.[quote:187ca0d23c=\"northey \"]Just to let you know ive been back to the doctors who has taken me off Rampril as I was having terrible side effects, and I mean terrible. She has put me on Amais which seem alot better not sure if they are bringing down the blood pressure enough wont know till next week even if she ups the dosage anything must be better then rampril.[/quote:187ca0d23c] :D
  • Posted

This is a truly awful drug and should be avoided at all costs I took it and nearly tore my skin off with itching.

I also had leg cramps and chronic Tiredness. a relative took it and ended up almost unable to walk. and felt really ill. My husband is on it and due to all the other drugs he is on isn't really able to pin down side effects

. I finally got it changed to Losarten. and feel much better. But still have to take anti Histamine tablets every day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.