help me please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Need some help as I am so mixed up about what I can have for my meals on orlistat was doing the low fat thing and lost 5 lbs in the first two weeks but only 2 lbs in the next 3 weeks My nurse said im not eating enough fat for the tablets to work I mean whats that all about , I thought the whole thing was low fat so as not to get the oops please give me some advice mags xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

welcome donna.first of all get one cal frylight and use it.i spent weeks and weeks eating rabbit food and no fat.result:no weight loss.orlistate,exercise,no more than 5g fat in 100g.britney has a link to recipes which are great.i took the ladys avice on board.ive lost 26 pounds swim 5 days a week.going walking later.example:i sometimes have bran flakes /canderel/skimmed milk for breafast and small banana.lunchtime:salad and tuna in brine.i spray frylight in jar with vinegar/garlic granules,shake it up and use it as a dressing.1 ryvita.teatime:last night made a turkey curry.didnt want rice so had butter beans.low in fat and carbs.low fat yogurt with a necterine.i dont binge anymore.im never hungry inbetween meals.
    • Posted

Hi noodles lost my first reply to both you and sally hope you receive this one wanted to say  hi and thank you for your info and support hope to speak again soon xx mags 
  • Posted

The Orlistat works on the fat content of what you eat, but it can only cope with a certain amount which is why you have to follow the rule of not more than 5g fat in 100g of food (and not more than 15g at one meal). I seem to be the only person here whose doctor gave her explicit and axcellent advice - or maybe I just asked the right questions! My doctor said that if I had a meal with no fat, then don't take a pill. It will have no effect. I eat plenty of pasta, potatoes, rice, couscous and so am never hungry. I also eat plenty of green veg and fruit, drink lots of water and try to have protein with every meal. What people have to remember is that this isn't just a diet but a lifestyle change FOR EVER and if you are too extreme in what you eat you won't be able to keep it up. Don't worry too much about the slow weight loss; we are all different and what you have to remember is that you didn't put the weight on in three weeks so you can't expect to lose it in that time!
    • Posted

Already tried to reply to you once sally don't know what happened wanted to say hi and thanks can you let me know if you get this one xx mags
    • Posted

Thanks sally I think I know what I'm doing now xx mags
  • Posted

Hi Mags,

I have a blog on the tablets which gives meal ideas/advice i will PM you now

Britney

X

• Posted

Hi Britney I was hoping to hear from you it seems your the one to get good advice from thank you so much for all the info hope we can speak again I don't feel so alone and mixed up now   once again thankyou xx mags
    • Posted

Hi Mags,

No problem anytime just message me. Your not alone we are all in the same boat here. Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Have a lovely day

Britney

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.