HELP ME PLEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i know only u guys can understand what i am going through, I always have been sort of introvert person, and very particular about alot of things, couple of months ago i smoked weed, which was laced weed ( somthing i did not know) i hardly smoke weed, i mean its like 4 or 5 times in a year that i do that. I drink every other day, but very little. Anyhow i got a panic attack and then it just was down hill for me. had 3 panic attacks, they dont happen any more, but anxiety is killing me at times. I have more or less constant tingling/buzzing/burning sensation on right side of my cheek near the jaw line. I have my GRE exams coming up, i really badly need this scholarship, and i have to do well, already i am not good in maths section of the exam. I feel like ..i dont even have words, dont even know why i am writing all this. I just want to be happy, i am not worried about anything, just this exam. I know all will be fine if i get that scholarship, itd my Phd scholarship something i have always wanted. In the end, whoever u guys r out there reading this, and like me you also suffer from any sort of anxiety , i wish u all the best

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi maybe speak to your Dr and ask about therapy aswell. Maybe stay away from the weed as I don't think it is helping you. Alcohol can also cause a bit of extra anxiety in some people. Try to relax, I know it's hard but there are different breathing techniques that can help I'm sure youtube has info on them. Speak to someone, a family member or friend, it usually helps. Is there a counsellor at your place of study you can talk to ? Anxiety really is awful, but you can come out the other side and feel better. I go to therapy and it really is helping me. Best of luck in your exams and hope you feel better soon.cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine,

As i wrote i dont even do weed as such, i mean not even a casual smoker, and now i stay away totally. Ya and family memebers know, but unfortuantely they think its not that a big deal and i can easily over come it, i stay away from meds. It is better and sometimes its just worse, ya i need therapy and will find some one once i am done with gre. Thank you for taking time out and writing to me. I feel good right now, i am trying to find support from this forum, writing and reading replies really helps. I guess it sort of helps me vent out frustration. Thank you and i hope you also feel better with your issues. And remember me and think positively for my exams please, i have heard positive energy really helps, i dont know it that is true or not. Anyhow thanks and you have a good one

• Posted

you sound really stressed. weed is a reliever but can lead to psychosis and alcohol helps too  but it will affect your sleep pattern.  It would be better to give both up and try an anti anxiety tablet to relieve your suffering. If that is what  you decide of course. Good luck  with the maths, remember it's just logic.

rich

• Posted

hey Richard,

thanks for taking time out and writing to me. Ya i dont smoke weed, i nevr used to to begin with, just one or two puffs a month if at alllll with friends, and ya alcohol intake i am keeping to minimum, even if i have it everyday. Rest ya its the GRE which is making me very stressed and i have got less than a month to go,.anyhow hope you are doing fine, And well take care and all the best. Should i take a xanax before starting my test? it calms one down i know that but wont it make me drowsy and obviously thats not good during test u know

• Posted

I would just do what calms me down and gets me through the test if I were you.

rich ( hope you pass it)

• Posted

No problem wanderer maybe therapy is the way to go. Sending positive thoughts for your exams. I really hope you do well. We put so much importance on things but remember you can only do your best. Take it easy if you can. Good luck. cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine, and well what a lovely line you wrote at the end, We put so much importance on things but we can only do ur best, Trying to do my best here Elaine, and thanks for the positive thoughts, keep sending em whenver u can, appreciate it
  • Posted

No worries, I really do wish you the best. Anxiety is awful and life can be hard but you will get through this bad patch. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Positivity all the way.cheesygrin
  • Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.