Help me please

Posted , 6 users are following.

So basically 2 weeks ago on Wednesday i decided to go on a binge I’m not a big drug person and have only done it a few times I decided to take cocaine and drink throughout the night with some friends I’ve only ever done cocaine 4 to 5 times when I was younger I’m not a big drug user and believe me this experience I’m having has put me off for life the next day after doing the drug I felt completely anxious and depressed the worst kind I’ve had to take 3 weeks off work but the past 2 days I’ve been having OCD type thoughts horrible thoughts of my loved ones things I would never do but my mind won’t let these horrible thoughts go and because I want them to go so much they worsen and persist in my mind which also triggers the anxiety and depression seen my gp they prescribed citalopram I feel so scared and worried about this will I ever be Normal again please will somebody give me some advice I’m 23 male p.s haven’t taken meds yet I’m waiting to see a physchologist 

0 likes, 130 replies

130 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh Olly

Please just know that you are precious and when you feel better you will be all the stronger for this difficult time you will have come through. 

Recognising that this is your body's way of coping with stress and acknowledging that you are completely normal will be a real positive step. 

When I was feeling suicidal and the only thing stopping me from harming myself was my 3 beautiful children, I ended up crying at the Doctors.....who explained to me (and this is the important bit) that it is the strongest people who cope with all the stress in their life and try to continue coping and not 'letting people down' that just go on coping and finally reach a level where their body says "hang on, you can't keep suppressing this stress!!" 

That's when you get the symptoms: anxiety and self negativity.

I truly hope that you can think of at least one small thing in your life that is a positive, just a little thing like thinking about someone who has helped you or you have helped, or been a friend for.

Look for tiny happy things every day. 

You will get better. And one day you'll be helping someone else. xxxx

PS: I find just smiling at someone or helping someone (like opening a door in a shop for them etc) nurtures positivity. You'll see that the little things matter.

• Posted

Hi everybody just want to say thanks to joy for that lovely message I appreciate the time and effort you put into it I had some therapy today I’m really struggling today to be honest I have this constant thought of somebody shouting in my ear it’s horrible and I feel completely hopeless I don’t know whether anybody else has had the same experience I triggered the thought this morning and obviously I worried again and so it wouldn’t go I’m suffering a lot I’m hoping to get well soon as I feel very hopeless I’m worried I will never be better again I just want to enjoy life but I’m just over analysing everything and internalising everything too I don’t know whether the medication will help me or not and I’m panicking a lot today 
    • Posted

Olly these are all so typical of this condition - albeit everyone has their own personal scary thoughts.    Thoughts, over analysing, head chatter, feeling hopeless, panic etc etc are all part of this condition.  Personally I'd say don't try and struggle without the meds, as often people get deeper into the mess of it all.  Meds can take a long time to work but they'll work quicker than just CBT or yourself trying to fix it.

I had this condition for years and within 6 months of starting meds I recovered.  Yes I had help with understanding this condition which helped so much, but because I'd suffered for so long it had become a bad habit and so needed meds to help.  

I'll send you a book and website link that I pass to lots of people.  The author cured himself and didn't take meds, but the method and meds together make a stronger combination.

K x

• Posted

The mental health team has just called they advised I take the medication and they have arranged a CBT session but I’m on a waiting list sad 
    • Posted

Fantastic your on your way to recovery...that's nothing to be sad about..be happy there is Medication for these type of issues...feel free to keep us posted...

• Posted

It wont take long Olly to get an appointment i have just got a 4 week programme for CBT x I think its good they have advised to take the medication you will soon start to feel better x
    • Posted

Thanks guys so supportive feeling low now my main concern is how will I feel in the next 2 weeks of taking the medication? Did anybody struggle? x
    • Posted

Not every body goes thru motions of ssris..you could well be one of the lucky ones...but don't dwell on the med... concentrate on you feeling normal...

• Posted

Ok I will see how I feel tomorrow and come to a final decision but definitely going through with the CBT x
    • Posted

Hi everybody had a crap morning but going to try and go out and keep busy how is everybody today ? 
    • Posted

Hi Olly you will get there dont worry you are doing really well keeping busy i couldnt do anything x Are you on the tablets yet
    • Posted

Will take my first tablet tonight I think I will let you all know thanks Michelle had a bad morning constant bad thoughts still but trying to keep positive had a cry on my own for a minute but keeping busy is all I can try to think to do today x
    • Posted

All of us have been there and we have all had the same thoughts x you will get there i am on day 30 and managed to do a full week at work x I think you are doing really well you should be proud of yourself
    • Posted

How do you feel whilst on the first 2 weeks of meds ? I’m so glad you’ve recovered it gives me a bit of hope and understanding of what I’m going though x
    • Posted

Olly every one's different so what might be ok for some ..others will experience some side effects. If you don't experience side effects .. usually means meds not working...just keep that in mind.

• Posted

Its no worse than what u r experiencing at the moment and if u feel like sleeping sleep if u feel like a walk do that x just try and stay positive
    • Posted

Just gna chill again tonight hopefully have a better morning tomoz anybody doing anything nice this evening? 
    • Posted

Why suffered...is your choice...just like Michelle says your already feeling bad........
    • Posted

Yes you are right Lois See how it all goes I will definitely take the meds if I continue to suffer 
    • Posted

Why are you holding off taking the meds its nothing to be ashamed of it helps balance the chemicals in your mind x What dose has the doctor given you to take
    • Posted

Just thinking maybe I can get better soon without it but yes I am struggling and to be fair I’ve decided yes I am going to take them I’ve been prescribed 10mg I really hope they work for me 
    • Posted

Iam also on ten... perhaps you can cut the tablets to avoid hard side effects...just saying...most folks do ..
    • Posted

I meant to say cut in half...if you do ..tell your doctor
    • Posted

Gna chill tonight now talk to you all tomorrow thanks again for the support guys x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.