Help me please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having very hard stools. I tried everything ro make it soft. I need help. I am very scared.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi the basics are eat tonnes of and fruit and veg and plenty water, I drink about 3 litres a day. If that doesn’t help then I found Laxido works wonders for reliably soft stools every time. Laxido is the UK version but if you are in the US I think it’s called Movicol? But I could be wrong. Hope this helps a bit.
  • Posted

The best thing for hard stools is lots and lots of liquids, water, milk, juice, soups, tea, you name it to drink liquids. It takes your body about 1-2 months to acclimatize to the liquids, so don't expect an overnight solution. Stay away from stool softeners, they don't work and do you more harm. 

Check my profile, I have a blog where I wrote about this stuff. Water is so important, people say drink water because it is healthy, what they don't tell you is it helps with your stools. Get in a daily habit of drinking liquids and you will see how this helps your stools and never stop, make this part of your life going forward, not just until this is resolved, Keep it up.

Also, don't drink a lot of water at a time, you will just pee it out, you need it to go in your stool. Drink water throughout the day or liquids through the day as much as you can.

• Posted

Miralax that is what its called in the U.S it works with the water in your body so make sure to drink alot of water. If its very difficult use a full cap. For the first week. Then try to lower the dose to half a cap every other day depending on you meal. Thats how i use it half a capcevery other day. Lots of oranges help as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.