Help me please anxiety and a cold

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I went Monday to the doctor coughing runny nose and slight fever. I'm on klonopin for anxiety. I have a health anxiety issue. I go and Doctor said she wanted to give me a steroid shot so I panicked and was like ok whatever because I'm afraid I have pneumonia and I'm gonna die. So I got the shot I lived. Now today I feel like I have numbness above my left eyebrow and I feel like I'm itching but no hives or anything so now I'm in panick mode. I don't think I've ever had a steroid shot before am I dying ??!!!!! Help me

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why did she give you a steroid shot..lung infection? Ive never had one and im almost 60. Its probably anxiety but why dont you call your local hospital or clinic and ask to speak to a nurse. Xx
  • Posted

The numbness over your eyebrow is you sinus. Happens with a bad cold or sinus issue is brewing. The steriod shot would help any itching and your doctor would know if one is needed. Itching can be from the bad cold too and dry  or dehydrated skin  if its your upper back or chin itching thats from a chest cold and the steriod shot would help your lungs relax. Are you in an antibiotic for anything? Youre sick and sick and anxiety disorder dont play well together on the mind. Im sorry the klonopin isnt keeping you calm. Drink a lot of warm fluids  herbal teas, clear broth soups and water and drinks with vitamin c. Steamy showers or make a pot of hot water put  in some eucalyptus or vicks vapr rub in there and throw a towel over your head to make a tent with the pot of water and inhale the steam. not burning hot water..just hot.  Be sure to drink a full goass of water before the steamy shower and after.  colds last about a week so this time next week this will be a memory.

you are not dying, your sick with a bad cold. It will pass.

Your making up symptoms in your mind from the steriod shot. That would help you not hurt you.

• Posted

Thanks Lisa I am making up different symptoms it has been almost three full days sense I had the shot why would symptoms appear now. I got nervous my head was hurting then I panicked and then above my eyebrow went numb. Idk why. My oxygen is staying about 93 which scares me she said she was giving me the shot for inflammation of my sinuses. I'm scared to take cold medicine so I'm just suffering. I'm afraid it's gonna turn into pneumonia and I'm gonna die. I feel better then worst

• Posted

Hi Christian, its common practice these days to give a shot course or single injection of steroids if people have viral infections effecting the chest, they just make the symptoms less troublesome. A single shot is very unlikely to cause any problems. It does just sound like a bad cold really and I would go with Lisa's advice there are some good ideas to help with the symptoms. Just get some rest, it will settle down, but dont forget that if you have a cough this can last for a fair while. Your not dying your feeling rough and anxious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.