Help me please? I'm scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am booked in for a cystectomy at the end of September. I have been struggling with pain in my abdomen, my thighs lower back and I am constantly feeling tired and run down.

I just turned 24 - i feel 84!

My cyst has gone from 3.3cm to 6.8cm in a little over a month sad

my periods are all over the plae my last was 20th July, the one before that 3rd june. I have the contraceptive implant in my arm for a over a year and my periods were regular for the first 9 months, then i got this pain even in my thighs, it was pure agony.

I have had one child 6 years ago.

My gynae consulatant has taken blood tests for CA125 and HCG - i have no idea how long it will take for the results to come back.

Very little has been explained to me, and once he'd mentioned tests for cancer i kinda couldnt absorb any other information he gave me sad I had to attend my appointments alone.

I'm scared - looking for some advice and a friendly ear of people who have been in the same position as I have.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this message

Tacca

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Tacca - pull up a chair, you're in good company here.

I feel exactly the same way you do - I know it's not much comfort, but you're not alone.

I too have a cyst (on my left ovary) and have the same symptoms you do - infact on Friday I was ready for tearing my hair out the pain was getting so bad.

They found out I had a cyst about 2yrs ago when I had a CT scan for kidney stones (aren't I a lucky girl?), they said it was a simple cyst and best left alone.

However I started having other symptoms so they arranged an US for me, which warrented further investigation.

I had an internal US scan on the 4th August thats when it was discovered that something was going to need done, so I'm currently waiting on my next appointment.

They think I have a dermoid cyst.

I too have very irregular periods. Right after my US I took a period, my first since Christmas :shock: - so I'm concerned about that too.

I'm 44 - and have one son of 10 - hormonally I'm a mess.

I'm looking for someone to tell me everything will be just tickity - but I'm not going to be happy until this cyst is dealt with.

Take Care

Janice x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

My gynae had me booked in for OCTOBER for the results from my scan taken in JULY!!

i fought really hard and got a sooner appointment. He now believes it wont go away of its own accord and so booked me in for my operation my email ~ if you would like to keep in touch?

Tacca x

[i:edf43fd1b1](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.)[/i:edf43fd1b1]

• Posted

Hi Tacca

Sorry to hear you are so upset but at least you have found some people here to support you.

I am certainly glad I found the boards as its nice to talk to people who are in the same boat.

I discovered I had a cyst on 9th July after i was admitted to hospital with chronic pains on the 8th July. I was kept in for 3 days before they released me and now they seem to be monitoring it. My cyst was 10 x 7 x6 cm the last time I had a scan. I too have just had bloods taken for CA-125 they told me the results can take up to two weeks to come back but if anything is found they will contact your gyno. Although I have heard the test isnt very reliable anyway.

Apart form that I am still waiting to see what they are going to do.

At the moment I am in agony with my lower back and legs as I am ovulating and bleeding. In my case I seem to be bleeding every fortnight

so always feel drained and tired too.

Keep us in touch with whats going on

Tracey x

• Posted

Does having this experience together make us cysters - get it? :lol:
  • Posted

Hows the cysters doing today then? :lol:

I was fine today slight backache and thigh ache so did all the hoovering and ironing when I had a funny turn and felt really sick and burning feeling right across my stomach

So sitting relaxing tonight

Hope you both have had a great day and are not in too much pain smile

• Posted

Not been too bad a day for me either - touch wood!! I'm really tired though and a bit achey.

I go back to my GP tomorrow as my sickline for work runs out, can't say I think I'll be going back to work - its all too unpredictable, some days OK others terrible.

Once we get our ops we can be the Scissor Cysters!! :roll: :lol:

You take it easy Tracey - it's so easy to over do it on a good day.

Come on Tacca - how are you?

Take care cysters

Janice x

• Posted

Tacca

How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.