Help me return inflammation after the end of a cycle of sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have acute chronic inflammation and all antibiotics do not work, except the antibiotic sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim and after treatment with this antibiotic and the end of the cycle of 10 days, the inflammation returns after 4 days of the end of the session

Can you take a course of sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim more than 10 days so that inflammation does not return?

Please help me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure but I have the same problem. The azithromycin was working taking 1 every 2 days but then it ran out. By the time I was able to get some more the coughing at night had come back and now it is not working even tho I am taking it every day, infection must have gone antibiotic resistant. My crp shows that the inflammation is going up and up
  • Posted

Hi rahem I take azithromycin 3 times week Mon wed Friday my consultant said I will be on these for rest of my life they.seem.to be helping.but still.get chesty can hear ruckling ave to keep.avin blood test to make sure not causing more problems with.my.liver also said I will.get.worse.can only.help.but will neva cure.it ope.this.has.helped.you regards Tony
  • Posted

I also have been taking Azithromycin every other day for several years. But that is an antibiotic to help fight infections.

Inflammation is usually helped with taking an anti-inflammatory steroid, such as Prednisone. Or inhalers, such as Dulera, ventolin or Advair to name a few.

Also the use of a nebulizer using an anti-inflammatory med such as ventolin.

I nebulize with ventolin, take prednisone (was able to get down to 5mg per day) and use Dulera every day. That seems to keep my lungs open.

Talk to your doctor about asthma. I told my doctor several yrs ago, that my chest always felt tight. That's when he started me on Dulera, after trying several other inhalers. It really helps keeping my lungs airways open.

Beth

• Posted

thank you elizabeth I have a nebulizer with ventolin and glutathione (from naturopathic dr.) but haven't been using them because I didn't think they were doing any good. I will start again today. I don't think I have asthma but I have bad acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.