Help me !!!!!!! Treated for thrush but docs didn’t even look?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

what do people think this is? been to doctors and they didnt even look or take swabs yet prescribed me two lots of antibiotics. my discharge is thick and yellow and i have sores all over my vagina i am feeling generally unwell too.

the antibiotics they prescribed me are basic infection relief ones however the other ones "doxy" something or other i googled are commonly used to treat chlamydia!? yet they told me my bloods are fine and just said i had an infection. after looking at my vagina im now worried this is herpes and seeing other peoples photos 😕 dont know whether to go back to doctors as unsure if those antibiotics would help that or not... all i know is that if someone told me that cutting it off would relieve the pain i probably would! lol sorry for the picture! i always try and be safe and i have recently got a new sexual partner after about 3 years. we did use a condom but it split and its sort of gradually flared up since then! image

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

go back to doctors and ask for a swab for herpes. looks painful it is not the end of the world. how long have u had the symptoms for and how long after sex? what is ur discharge like? itching?

• Posted

ive had the symptoms for a few days however its only got really bad since yesterday but thats when the doctor gave me antibiotics. its took a few weeks to get to this point though just felt a little sore and itchy after sex but it came and went again. my discharge is thick white with a hint of yellow to it and it did itch however its more of a constant sting now more than anything

• Posted

go to the doctors. how long after sex did u start experiencing this

• Posted

about a week after it started getting really sore was in a and e last night because the pain was unbearable the sores have gotten a lot worse since this picture they just gave me pain relief and told me to go to GUM clinic so going to call them first thing tomorrow

• Edited

yes go and get relief. looks very sore indeed. let us know what they say

• Edited

so it is definitely genital herpes the doctor only had to take one glance they have given me anti viral tablets to take 3 times a day for 5 days and ive to go back on friday so they can see how im getting on with them and make sure they are working properly.

• Edited

if it is herpes you would need an anti viral as antibiotics wouldnt help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.