Help me understand my Ultrasound

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is a simple 4.9 x 3.0 x 5.2cm overian cyst a cause of concern? I have had 2 overian cyst ruptures within a year apart and both had to be taken out threw emergency surgery because I was hemorrhaging from the inside. My family doctor doesn't seem concerned I moved to a new state from where my previous surgerys where so she's a new dr I'm seeing for the first time.. I'm telling her that I'm in pain with constant nausea/vomiting the pain radiates to my thigh like a cramp that won't go away very fatigue my blood work came back normal can a cyst that size cause this type of pain?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, so sorry for your pain. I too had a cyst burst causing to go to ER but they sent me home and said to rest then see my doctor. I just yesterday had my ovaries and tubes removed. There was a cyst on my left one but small.

i have the brca1 gene so I decided to get rid of what might kill me. If I were you I would get rid of them and never have to worry again. Well I am done having kids and haven't had a period in 6 months so I feel so liberated from the fear of cancer and cysts that cause such pain. How old are you?

• Posted

Thanks Natasha I think I'm going to go that route I already have 3 children I am 28 years old and I don't want any more kids so I have an apt with an OBGY and I'm going to discuss with her if I should remove my overies, Overian cancer is what scares me the most I have not tested for the brca gene but I think I should... I have no family history of Overian cancer or any other type of cancer but one just never knows sad
  • Posted

I am now on day three from having the surgery and the only thing I feel is hard is trying to have a bowel movement. My hubby is getting me some cream of wheat. I think you will be taking HRT but I can not but have been in menopause for 6 months anyway and carrying the gene means I can not have HRT due to breast cancer risk. I am happy to report that I have not had one hot flash since my ovaries have been removed. Yayyyy..maybe my menopause symptoms will all disappear now. Fingers crossed...

For 6 months I haven't slept at night, felt myself, dealt with awful hot flashes , lost weight I didn't wish to loose, felt depressed and all and all felt I was not in my own body. Now that my petty ovaries are gone I'm looking forward to resuming my life as it was. You on the other hand are too young to go thru menopause so please discuss HRT with your doctor.

my sister had the surgery when she was 30 yet opted out of HRT due to the gene in our family and has felt good ever since. Good luck to you and feel free to come talk if you need. I assure you if you decide to have an oophorectemy as I did three days ago, it's a quick so worth it surgery.

im proud of myself and wish I would have done this long ago.

Natasha XO

• Posted

If the cream of wheat doesnt work try almonds or pistacios they work for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.