Help, might be pregnant?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm spotting. My period started on wed, had sex on thurs, and now I'm spotting today, is it way too early to tell? Or should I take a test?

Also, if I am pregnant, I need advice. I'm only 21 and still live at home. My mom and step dad are CRAZY strict. Even the subject of pregnancy gets their blood to boil and start saying things like "don't even bother coming home if you get pregnant". And my mom's heart is very weak and can only take so much, I know this might start something with that. What should I Do? I know it's not medical related, but I need all the help I can get right now...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a health expert, but I've had 3 kids. And there a couple things you should know, first of all...women usually have implantation bleeding 6-10 days after conception, that is usually your first sign of being pregnant.

It is impossible to know 3 days after sex though. Second, women typically don't get pregnant while on their periods. And regarding a test, it won't show up on a test until you are at least 3 weeks along, and even then, it's VERY faint. I got faint positives with my last 2 pregnancies. I hope this helps you ease your mind, good luck!! Also, I have an app that has been a godsend!! Look up MY CALENDER app on your phone, it allows you to track your period, your ovulation cycle, when you had sex, your symptoms, everything! And, every month, it tells you when you are due to start, and if you are late starting your period, it pops up and says, did you forget to input your period to let you know you are late!

• Posted

Firstly did you use protection when having sex?  If not then you need to get tested as this post was a month ago.  If the test comes back positive then you need to decide what to do. 

You are 21 not a child so I am not sure why your parents would tell you not to come home!  That is not going to solve anything and is not very supportive either.  I thank god I have a good relationship with my grown up children to the point where they can tell me anything!

Let us know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.