Help my 3 years son has Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been told my 3 year old son has Pityriasis Rosea after being misdiagnosed by 3 doctors!! I was told he had ring worm bed sores and finally chicken pox....He is covered in scale like sores from the neck down and i mean covered back chest groin arms and now it finding its way down his legs...This is the third week now and they are still coming...I cant believe how it has taken over his body his face has been spared thus far....I was given calamine lotion which made worse and a fungal shampoo to use on his body wihich dried him and caused the scales to itch to point of bleeding.....He is so concious of the hidious rash and doesnt want anybody to see his skin...its heart breaking...Im using the Aloe vera plant as a body wash and a coconut oil and shea butter mix as a mousturising agent it seems to be helping with the intense itching and the texture of his skin, which was so rough it felt like sand paper...I really would like to know  how this came about thank you for reading...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,sorry to hear about your son ,i would take him back to the doctors and ask them for an  anti istamine medicine f or the itching and i would reccommend a

hydrocortisone cream  for the rash as since i have been using this mine

is fading and i m not itching as much,i would keep him cool as when i am hot

i tend to itch more and i have had a virus with a sore throat and headache

which my doctor says causes this awful rash,hope this helps and good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Sarah

Good eVENING To you..i TOOK HIM TO THE gP AND THEY GAVE HIM SOME REALLY STRONG sTEROID CREAM AND AntihistAmin BUT I AM SCARED TO USE THE STEROID AS HE IS SO YOUNG THE GP SAID i should usE it FOR 3 weEKS BUT HIS SKIN IS BROKEN FROm scATching...And yES WHEN HE GETS HOT it BEComes unbEARable...I will take him to the herbalist for a more natural remedy in the morning,,,,,,Thank you for the REPLY and ADVICE.....(SORRY FOR THE MIXED TXT MY COMPUTER IS HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH THE CAP LOC..

• Posted

Good night TO YOU SARAH

tHANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

i TOOK HIM BACK TO THE gP AND THEY GAVE HIM SOME STRONG STEROId cREaM AND SOME ANTIHISTIMINE BUT I AM SCARED TO USE THE STEROID AS MY SON IS SO YOUNG SO I AM TAKING HIM TO SEE A HERBALIST IN THE MORNING..i HAVE NOTTICED THAT WHEN HE GETS HOT THE ITCHING GETS 10TIMES WORSE...THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE REPLY AND ADvIce...( SORRY MY COMPUTER HAS ISSUSES WITH THE CAP LOC)

• Posted

Your poor son. I had read that some reseachers have said this is from the virus of the herpes family. ​Mine started after I had severe infection of lymph gland (1 week of  antibiotics did nothing for my infection which lasted for 3 weeks.) 2 other derms had diagnosed ringworm, fungal infection and SCABIES !!!!

​the 3rd immdeiately knew what it was prescribed a cortico steroid cream (and i was taking predisolone for another problem).  my pityriasis lasted for 5 months but i thank god it wasnt itchy.the only part of me not affected was my face. Sun and heat made it worse.

​What about Diprobase or Zerobase emollient applied on the skin before his tepid shower? its used in severe cases of eczema and i still use Zerobase as a moisturiser anytime during the day my skin feels prickly (paranoid of it returning)

• Posted

Good night to you Shaq

Thank you for reply....I took my son back to the Gp and they have given him some really strong steroids which i am reluctant to use as he has open wounds where he has take the skin off while scatching the unbearable itch...Its so sad to see him go through this...I am taking him to see a herbalist in the morning hoping they can give him something nature based..Right now i feel as though the Gps are almost experimenting and they dont know how to treat it.....The Aleo vera and shea butter are softening the skin but the itching is still an issue at night I havent slept for days now being on anti itch scratch patrol and rubbing on shea butter blowing faning and singing to him anything to ease him...Like you heat makes it worse having TO DRESS FOR THE WINTER IS NOT HELPING AT all ( SORRY my computer Is havING ISSUes with THE CAP LOC.....) I SINCERELY hope tHIS HORRID AFFLICTION Goes aWay soon I DoNT kNOW IF HE or I COULD COPE WITH THIS LASTING FOR 5 MONTHS IT will be 3 Weeks tOMORROW....... i HOPE YOURS DOESNT RETURN...tHANK YOU AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO RESPOND 

• Posted

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know my son has all but recovered from the skin condition almost 6weeks of itching bleeding and sleepless nights...He has really bad pigment issues but i know his colour will come back in time..rash scabs and flaking has gone and his skin is smooth once again..thank you for the well wishes it helped knowing that we have family out there who really knows what we have been going through...I will keep you updated...thank you again

• Posted

Hi roserose, glad 2 hear that your son is over it and his skin will go back to normal over time. smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.