Help my cholesterol level is 6.6!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am new to this forum , I am 53 years old and recently thought that I should have my cholesterol levels checked. My blood pressure has always been good and I thought that my diet generally is good (apart from weekends!) I am of a average weight for my height and I exercise by swimming a few days a week. So I was suprised that I was told I have high cholesterol! I believe it can raise in menopause (I am post two years) I did start to eat more eggs recently, could they have raised it? What about the drink I have at weekends? Or the few sasauge rolls I have on a Sunday morning? I thought that eating well in the week the odd 'sin' foods at the weekend wouldnt hurt. Any advice please would be great!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sorry that was have you got thyorid problem? They can sometimes be related
    • Posted

No as far as I know I havent a thyroid problem
  • Posted

6.6 isnt that high and you shouldnt worry too much about it,i'm 65 and my cholesterol has been 6.5 for years.Itll fluctuate with your lifestyle/eating habits/stress levels/exercise etc.I think doctors are too eager to give you bad news and can worry you when evaluating health risks.Very small changes in your diet can make a difference but take everything in moderation and stop worrying.Do you know what your "bad cholesterol" is as opposed to the composite.?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, no I don't know the details, I just had a letter to say it was 6.6 and to adjust my lifestyle and to get tested again in six months. Thanks it's made it abit clearer that yes it can fluctuate. I suppose after having it tested before it has been quite abit lower. I will make an appointment with the doctor to get abit more detail on the numbers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.