Help! My future in-laws don’t like me bc of my disability!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My future in-laws have been really weird about my fiance and I getting engaged. I got really low at one point and told my then boyfriend's sister that I was afraid that I had schizophrenia, instead of PTSD bc of some new symptoms. Btw, it turns out that I don't; those symptoms are actually common for PTSD. But long story short, she told everyone that I might have schizoprenia and now his family isn't excited about us getting married and think all our future kids are going to be crazy and things. And, future father in law was already a dick. What should I do? I can tell that it's killing my fiance that his family doesn't approve. My family loves him, and I want him to have the same positive experience.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, i just thought i would reply to this post as the attitude of your in laws stinks! the wedding is about you and your partner not anyone else. if doesn't matter what difficulty you have you have no problems loving this man. ptsd is tough to deal with i know as i have it. your sister-in-law knows all about mental health how? some sort of expert is she? in-laws are tough to deal with but if your love is so strong for this man then that should be enough! i wish you luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.