Help my wife get her life back

Posted , 3 users are following.

My wife is 45 and has been plagued with chronic fatigue for several years. Lately, night sweats, low grade fever and ear pain have bothered her and her fatigue has increased. Her GP has hinted at Fibro but I suspect an undiagnosed thyroid issue. She started taking Zoloft about 4 months ago. She also takes a muscle relaxer nightly and Percoset almost every day. Could her meds be responsible or do we need to consult a different GP? Currently, we are searching for a rheumatologist and endocrinologist to run tests to perform some lab work. I hate that she is so miserable. She spends at least 22 hrs a day either in bed or in the couch and has for at least the past year.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I cannot answer is your wife has thyroid issues or not, but I do know that muscle relaxers with percocets, can cause fatigue. Also, when I use to take opiate pain pills, they made me sweat and feel hot all the time too. I also wanted to mention that perhaps why your at the endrocrinologist, to have them check her hormone levels to, along with her thyroid. She could be going into perimenopause or even full blown menopause, depending on her menstrual cycle.

• Posted

Her OB has ruled out menopause and based on her bloodwork, perimenopause as well, at this stage. They did discover 2 ovarian cysts that they began treating in September with the depo shot. Her follow up is next week so there may be some new information to be had. This all began about 10 years ago when she was given a corticosteroid injection that brought on pseudo-cushings. She had a severe reaction to the steroid that precipitated the fatigue and myofacial pain. It's been very difficult to find a rheumatologist and endocrinologist that accepts her insurance, especially when they see Fibro on her paperwork. Most doctors here won't take on new patients with a history of FM.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.