Help! Need help with bowl prep for removal of ovarian cyst??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay I hope I can get some answers for those who have had the laporotmy surgery, I've been asked by my surgeon to bowl peep the day before my surgery this Thursday however I'm supposed to meet with the hospital for pre op the day before surgery as well.My question is when should I start bowl prep my appointment for the hospital is set for 10:30 am wednsday will I be okay if I wait until after this , I know I should call my doctors office for the answer tomorrow just wondering if any of you ladies did this a certain time in the am or pm, I was also told no solid food the day before surgery just jello, Gatorade, water ect...thanks for your replies

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was nil by mouth from midnight befor my surgery xx I had my surgery 9.40am next morning xx as for bowel prep I'm not sure as my surgeon just asked to make sure I could empty my Bowel naturally luckily I went day befor xx advice for you get some natural laxatives cuz by god I went over a week befor I could go xx 3weeks post op xx good luck xxx
    • Posted

Okay thanks so much... I was asked to drink 2 10 oz magnesium citrate bottles 😨 I have never had surgery and have never had to bowl prep before i want to make sure I'll be good for the procedure... Thank you
    • Posted

Just to be in the safe side Hun I really would ring your docs first thing just tell them your appointment they may advise to do it after xx all surgeons have a different way of doing things xx
    • Posted

Yes that's what I'm going to do first thing in the morning just to be sure
  • Posted

That stuff is made by the devil. If you can get through the bowl prep day you are all good. I have nightmares about that magnisium stuff!!!!! Plan to camp out in the potty for hours
  • Posted

You absolutely cannot leave the house after you drink that stuff. I would suggest you not even leave the bathroom after the first bottle
    • Posted

Yea that's what the doc said, I moved the meeting for tomorrow just so I can be home. Thank you... I've never had to bowl prep in my life but hanks for the heads up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.