Help, Need insight on what this could be!?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I shaved my groin area about 5 days ago, and I went against the grain which I usually don't do, but 2 days later I got some bumps which I was sure was ingrown hairs coming in, I believe one or two got infected because the left side groin lymph nodes are slightly swollen and 2 of them produced a sore as you can see which have healed somewhat. I am not experiencing any fever, or flu symptoms, nor does it burn when I pee. the bumps itch every now and then but other than that no pain. The bumps also appear where the hair is coming out. That being said would like some insight on it, I was planning on going to the doctor on Monday, they seem to have gotten better and are healing but kind of scared of the similarities of herpes and ingrown hair follicles. Thank you for your time and answers.imageimageimage

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

those are from shaving

• Posted

@kim16265 Thanks, How long is it or supposed to take to heal? I'm seeing a few more bumps but I can see the hair follicles underneath, itches a lot every now and then. lymph node on left side groin is still tender to touch. What can I do to speed healing?

• Posted

if your lymph nodes hurt and u have visable blisters u should go to a doctors and get tested to rule out herpes

• Posted

if u show ur doctor and he/she thinks herpes they will test for it they look to have hairs sprouting from them to me dosnt look like herpes lots of scare mongers on here best thing u can do is see your doctor for peace of mind

• Posted

tender lymph nodes could be from numerous things like folliculitis which is also common after shaving .....not just herpes

• Posted

I don't understand whats going on because all the comments are being removed from the moderator... Anyways.. everything seems to be healing up, no swollen lymph nodes, and the one thing that it is leaving is scar tissue which I read that herpes sores do not do? Regardless I am going to go to doc to get checked. I am sure your folliculitis may have been different, everyones body reacts differently to various bacterial infections or viral infections. I've been researching a lot as one could imagine being cautious and paranoid. Based on the fact I had just shaven and they appeared right after shaving I believe it to had become infected with either staph or another bacteria that causes folliculitis.

• Posted

folliculitis can leave scars herpes does not

• Posted

i sent a private message

• Posted

thats a possibility. i just wanted to share with you that i never experienced those things. you should make sure to be tested for herpes. it looks like an ulcer thats crusting over and its yellow which is why i got the suspicion. but it could be folliculitis after all, i wont argue that.

• Posted

I've removed a lot of posts because users are getting into arguments and taking the discussion off topic. Can all users please stop posting like this otherwise the whole discussion may get deleted. If users think someone is posting in a manner that breaches the T&Cs use the Report link to let us know. Do not get into disputes on other user's discussions. I hope this can be the end of it but any more posts of an argumentative/disruptive nature will get deleted.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

i think the option of deleting your own posts and comments should be a thing

• Posted

from shaving , you can see the hair coming out of it

• Posted

i can tell you from experience with severe genital folliculitis and lots of ingrowns that it doesnt look like it at all. ive never gotten ulcers like that before. you might want to get tested for herpes to be sure cause it looks herpes ulcers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.