Help - Need revision surgery to massive rotor cuff tear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a massive crash during a motocross race in May 2017. Did a whole stack of injuries including tearing my liver in 2 places and nearly died from the internal bleeding. They told me at the time I had no injury to my right shoulder, turns out I had massive full thickness cuff tears to both infraspinatus and supraspinatus tendons and also a 40% tear to long head biceps. After having to go to private physio who diagnosed the problem I had an operation 7 months later to repair the tendons. The operation was successful but my biceps tendon was subluxed and so the surgeon cut my long head biceps! After 6 months of infrequent physio I went to the gym maybe being over confident but wanting to push things along as I felt I hadn't regained basic function. Tore it again doing in hind sight stupid exercise assisted dips.

I think I caused the re-tear due to causing impingement of the supraspinatus tendon while performing pressing movements.

I campaigned for 6 months to get a surgeon to do a revision operation, when starting the SCR he felt I had bone changes and so abandoned the operation. I can't believe that this is it and I have to continue in pain for the rest off my life.

They say no one in the world can fix me.

I still would like to investigate having an operation, someone in the world must be prepared to give it a go? I have very good ROM Any advice welcome.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.