Help! Need stories of long term oxy addiction

Posted , 2 users are following.

My partner has recently been put in jail due to her stupidity while under the influence of oxy. It all came as a shock though as her lawyer had been telling us she would get a suspended sentence. I know this is probably a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone with a long term abuse of oxy may be willing to write a statement or story to explain it's effects on your mental state. The prosecutor was arguing that in the footage they seemed coherent and able to walk and function and react to verbal command. From what I have heard and researchered, long term abuse of oxy doesn't make you incoherrant, you're still able to function as normal but it messes with how you process thoughts. I dont know if this is the right platform but I have 21 days to appeal her sentence and I need help to have something to back up research I have found that speaks to this. I thought a statement from someone who has first hand been through a long addiction to oxy and how they felt and functioned may help. If anyone can help, I would be so grateful. I feel very lost at this point. Thank you in advance. Jess

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It definitely does affect yoir mental state. My husband cant remember instructions, has mood swings, had an affair with another man and completely denies it! It changes personality in my opinion. Oxy is a nightmare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.