Help need weigh in advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Here goes, I first got the tablets in August, no mention of having regular weigh in's. I have since had another 2 prescriptions no problems. Today doc refused to give them me to I get seen and weighed, was on repeat prescription. They say I have had to have lost 5% in 3months. They are telling me that my weight wasn't recorded in August last time way May 14.  Only trouble is a put on stone and half from May to August so if they use my May weight I'm stuff. Anyone else had the same problem, just worried they will use my lighter weight and refuse to prescribe me them. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi-my thoughts are that the GP was Wrong to NOT weigh you on the 1st prescription date, they will have to give you the benefit of the doubt, you will need to try to convince them that THEY (Orlistat) are working for you and that you have lost weight since taking them. Go armed with a chart of your start weight and how much you lost since being on them. As far as I know the GP's are supposed to record the starting weight and you must lose 5% of body weight for them to be able to give you a repeat. It is not your fault that they did not weigh you, plus if your weight was creeping up and up they would see that your weight was on in increase spiral, they will give you more....hope this helps.....
    • Posted

Thanks so much so your reply. I did know about the weighing but only from this site. Fingers crossed they will just start a fresh with me. I still have a high bmi so hoping they will just prescribe and do regular weighs. On the plus side i have lost 2 and half stone and thats only having the tablets 2 a day and not every day. I also had regular breaks from them too. Kusdt need to loose another 2 and then will be at the top of my healthy weight.
  • Posted

Hi hun why dont you make an appointment with the gp and discuss it with him/ her you were ill advised regarding weigh in so its not your fault!! If they dont give you the correct advice how are you supposed to know? Ask him to start weigh in from scratch and say now you understand what you have to do you will attend monthly hope it goes ok for you xx
    • Posted

Hi Corinne,

Thanks, I have made an appointment as can only see what they say, can only say no and ive lost 2 and half stome so happy with that so far, just have to work extra hard now and to be honest regular weighs will help as i do have breaks and off days where i dont take them. xx

• Posted

Hi jess oh you have done so well keep it up let me know how you get on at dics good luck xx
  • Posted

Yeah agree with the others. Go to GP and start again. I have to go monthly to be weighed and renew my prescription which I quite like as if it was just on repeat I wouldn't be scared of what the scales will say and not stick to plan x
    • Posted

I agree Lindsay, i have lost 2 and half but no i would oloose more if weighed regular. Just hope the Doc agree's. xx
  • Posted

Ask to discuss it with your GP, say you will attend for weigh ins every 4 weeks. I've done two months of weigh ins and bow my GP is doing every 8 weeks. Say they had mis-informed you. If you've got your weigh ins at home written down show him those.
    • Posted

Hi,

ive made an appointment, unfortunately i only have what i writen down dont have scales print outs but have lost 2 and half stone so fingers crossed they will prescribe and just arrange for me to go in.xx

• Posted

Hi, I think that was completely wrong for the tablets to be described and no advice given and not weighing you - how ridiculous! Absolutely not your fault. When you go and see the doc explain all this and you will find they will be fine - clearly they are not on top of things in the first place - and that you are happy to go every months to have your weight loss measured by them etc. By the way, have you actually lost any weight since you started the programme in August? If so, take the details with you so you can show you have lost weight since starting. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Niclips

I have lost 2 and half stone but no could have been more. I only used to take the tablets 2 a day and not always everyday and have had regular breaks of them. 2 Months supply from the doctor last me 4-5 month so really not taken often. I am back on them. Lossing approx 2 pound a week on im on them again. But saying that i eat good, healthy. I ahve stomache problems IBS and Hytias Hernia so cant have much fat anyway. Even the foods i used to love like burger barms sald was my favourite tea i make for my hubby and i have fish burger instead aand i actually prefer it. Dinner is usually a tuna salad or wrap with no margine on and tuna lettuce red onion cucumber. Then snacks are fruit. xx

how you doing with yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.