HELP NEEDED

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All, Is there anyone out there that has dropped from 45mg mirt to 30mg and if so any side effects. I take 20mg paroxetine and been taking 45mg mirt, for 6weeks but my sleep is not as good , keep waking up through the night. Can I just drop back down to 30mg mirt.

Not due to see my gp for another 2 weeks, any advice.

Thanx All

Jen

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi collett

just seeing how you got on with the anixty managment course you was going on did it do you any good

i got to go see dr housemaster on tuesday i still am no better i am shitting myslef what he is going to say

take care

stefen

• Posted

Hi Stefan,

Not got my appointment yet for the course, I have been on the 45mg mirt now for 8 weeks and I also feel like s--t, aggitation anger and so quick to fly of the handle, I have an appointment with the psych tomorrow, and really want to get off this stuff, the only thing its good for, for me anyway is a good nights sleep, so I will miss that as its the only releif I get from all this crap. So will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Take Care

Colette. x

• Posted

[quote:b9bcd78eed=\"guest\"]Hi All, Is there anyone out there that has dropped from 45mg mirt to 30mg and if so any side effects. I take 20mg paroxetine and been taking 45mg mirt, for 6weeks but my sleep is not as good , keep waking up through the night. Can I just drop back down to 30mg mirt.

Not due to see my gp for another 2 weeks, any advice.

Thanx All

Jen[/quote:b9bcd78eed]

I think if you decide to do this you need to do it really slowly! Do you get mood swings? I have been having crying spells for no reason lately which I have never had before! Maybe a decrease in dose might benefit you as my doctor says 15 tabs are for anxiety and anything above is for depression so it is bound to cause more anxiety on a higher dose. I am on 15 and went back to doctors about these strange moods and she wanted me to up the dose but am going to try and ride it out because i don't feel upping the dose will do me any good - especially if you start losing the sleep! Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

hi collet

how did it go today x

stefen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.