Help needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone had severe side effects from changing brand of sertraline, 14 days into this new brand and I have gone back to square one, I am asuming it's that, been crying now for 4 hours, depression really set back in, buzzing in ears not eating and feeling sick.😭😭😭

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Pharmacists will have you believe that the brands are all the same. However there is a difference, not in the fundamental ingredients but in other parts such as binding products. Because of this I have a closed prescription from my doctor for the brand I was initially given for my first dose. It was hard enough to get on them let alone have to cope with yet more side effects as a result of a change in brand.
  • Posted

I've seen others mention this also, I had a change of brand and wonder if it also created symptoms, I'll be asking for same brand from my doctor.
  • Posted

I've seen others mention this also, I had a change of brand and wonder if it also created symptoms, I'll be asking for same brand from my doctor.
  • Posted

mabye i had that happen with prozac , when it changed generic to fluxitine  30 years ago . Take them back and ask the chemist if he has the ones you usually have . But they go for the cheapest , its rare you feel this way though
  • Posted

You have to have the brand specified on your prescription. Or the pharmacist just gives u the one they have which is the most cost effective for them at that time.
    • Posted

the doc just puts SERTRALINE on script , he canot say what brand you get the chemist put them up , unless your insurance will pay for ZOLOFT the real med, sertraline is zoloft generic
    • Posted

My doc specifically puts Lustral Pfizer and the pharmacist has to give u those ones because that's what the script says.
    • Posted

yes he has wrote it on the script ,   if he had put just sertraline you get any generic the chemist has
  • Posted

Thank you for all your comments, I can't remember what my first brand sertraline was,  this happened also when the chemist gave me a differant brand of thyroxine, I was so ill.

it seems I am very sensitive to meds and the slightest change does not do well for me.

• Posted

I have to take a certain brand or otherwise i get really bad heartburn from the minute i swallow any other brand!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.