Help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

My soninlaw has been feeling poorly over the last two days.

He has been really sweaty and feeling constantly nauseas with cramps down his arms.

This morning he went to work and his leg felt tingly when he looked his right shin has got a red swelling and a rash and its hot to the touch.

Could it be cellulitus

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi dawn simple yes get him to docs asp he needs something anyways but need for speed if cellulitus quicker tretment started the better
  • Posted

Sounds like it ..draw a line around the edge of the inflammatory redness if it tracks above and is still hot to touch and swelling, it may well be.. you need to get to the GP for a diagnosis..then some Penicillin V or similar broad spectrum antibiotic.. rest not work.. plenty of water to drink and light meals.. 
  • Posted

hi dawn just a thougt its friday if you cant get in touch with doc phone for out hours ervice 111
  • Posted

i just read ist post again drop the pots a/e asp with him
    • Posted

hi` dawn he is in the right placei they can do all the checks blood etc  and start a coarse of treatment hope you and family feel better now i hope he responds quikly pauluk
    • Posted

Soninlaw been diagnosed with cellulitis, they tested him for sepsis and mrsa they checked him for flesh eating bugs hes on really strong anyibiotics and in hospitals for 48 hrs thanks for all responses
  • Posted

Hi Dawn i don,t know about the cramps in his arms,but i,m just over two weeks in with the cellulitis,it certainly sounds like that,he needs see GP straight away to confirm and start antlbiotics.Check my thread out,alot is described and explained in that,i,m now left with burst blood vessels in the right shin,and have constant burning all through boths legs the GP reckons that the infection has damaged the nerves as well , so taking amytriptaline 10mg each night for this,only had for 3 nights and not made much difference yet.By the way the cellulitus had got to both of my legs from knee down .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.