Help needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 10 days this acid reflux hell started for me. If I eat anything I get horrible heartburn and unable to burp, I have always taken a low dose esamprozole but now on Lansoprazole 30mg and Mottilon and Gaviscon, has anyone gone nearly 7 days without any relief? I’m very anxious 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matthew

ive gone over a year with no relief, had two months of almost no symptoms but now I have had all the symptoms back going on two months. I’ve tried about everything but daily multiple ppi’s and don’t have a clue about what helped me for those two months. I’ve stopped alcohol, never ate much fried food, don’t eat junk food, Mexican food or other foods, spices and sauces they recommend one shouldn’t but it’s frustrating because some days the reflux is worse than others even adhering to the diet and eating the same thing I did on days my symptoms were minimal. I wish I knew the answer.

• Posted

I have had an endoscopy, Bravo test, barium swallow test, and impedance test.  I’ve seen a gastroenterologist, a cardiologists, a pulmonologist,  an ENT and two surgeons. The only tests that showed reflux are the endoscopy and the Bravo study. One surgeon recommended surgery the other said he wouldn’t do any. I’m still trying to sort things out but this issue can get complicated and it’s very frustrating. My main complaint is lots of chest discomfit and pressure. Currently I’m going to take a breath test for bacterial overgrowth which can cause lots of digestive complaints including higher stomach and intentional pressure, belching, flatulence, abdominal pain, bloating, etc.

All I can say is don’t give up, see a gastroenterologist and get tested. 

As far as anxiety goes be concerned but don’t worry because it only makes things worse and your worst fears are rarely if ever realized.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.