help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

day 5 on venlafaxine 37.5 feeling anxious head feels weired and vision is difficult to focus sometimes feeling like lump in throat really want to stop them do not like feeling at all any advice please on symptoms

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, you're on a relatively low dose.. It's such a long time since I was prescribed this so I can't really remember the initial side effects.. If you Really need an anti depressant then I can't advise you.. I just know I, personally, want off it now as it's done me more harm than good.. But Everyone is different.. so go back to Doctor and talk it over . My experience with it hasn't been good but some people seem ok with it.. hope that helps a bit

• Posted

thanks irene for reply i'm off them completely thank god i was only 5 days in not feeling to bad today better than last 5 days i can tell you just got tingly head today doc told me to have no more just take the propranolol i'm on and diazapam when needed

• Posted

Wendy I'm glad to hear it.. I am now a bit scared to reduce my dose any further.. at the moment.. but will do soon.. at least halving the dose has been an achievement.. I just hate the stuff .. Only my opinion.. seems to work for some.. but not for me..

• Posted

After eight weeks they start to work but before that they make you feel worse.

• Posted

thats how i felt when i first started citolopram accompanied by heart palps, my anxiety with that was so bad but they switched me to venlafaxine and i had virtually no side effects at all starting it. sometimes i forget to take them and i feel light headed and just plain lazy. im now 2 months in with it and ive never felt better!

• Posted

that's good, as I've said before, it suits some people but not all.. I would recommend you take it at regular intervals and not forget to take it.. as I know what the consequences can be like..if I forget . best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.