Help needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I'm about to start glyceryl trinitrate ointment can I just put it on the outside of the anus?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

help me...... can the ointment alone heal the fissure or there has to be the botox or surgery? I'm 27 and from the Caribbean my options are slim an I'm really scared with this whole situation! my issue is after a normal BM I'm ok for 15 mins but them the pain starts and last for hrs....how can I make that stop?

• Posted

Hi Nikki, I have exactly the same problem as you, my pain also starts 15 minutes after BM. Try to insert the ointment a little bit inside and take laxatives, eat prunes, increase fibre from fruit and veg and lots of water to help heal. The same ointment helped me for 8 weeks then i was back to square 1 again. It also gave me instabt headaches which is a common side effect but will get better as you keep using the ointment. I have been in a relationship with my fissure for over a year now, its just horrible and i wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy! I have tried Diltiazem which helped a lot but for only 6 weeks and have just had an excision and botox 10 days ago under general anaesthetic, still have same pain after BM. I was told post op that my fissure is very deep and muscles are weak from strain, pressure and childbirth. I just hope and pray for everyone with this awful pain. Keep strong xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.