Help needed deciphering doctor's note on goitre.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, please help me on deciphering what was written. I have hard time understanding. If the whole text will be rewritten that would be great! Thank you!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Merey

I am a nurse and I have thyroid disease and I live in the USA.

Here is what he is saying:

FT3 is  6.9 ref range  is 2.50 -3.90  It is too high!

FT4 is 2.97  ref. range is 0.82 to 1.77  and is high!

TSH is low at 0.005 and indicates Hyperthyroidism.

Her eis the script he wrote:

Known care of _____goitre has been on neuromazole for 2 years. has stopped for 1 month.  RAI U  26/10/15  Enlarged thyroid gland with ultrasound with incorrent mapping. ? Drug induced

She was administered 12 mg  RAI on /10/15.

Day is missing in above RAI date, and it is hard to make out a few words.

So you had Radio active Iodine uptake (RAIU) in October 2015.  You show signs of hyperthyroidism. He is wondering if it is drug induced.

Any questions just ask.

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.