help needed not sure what to do next?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just need some advice ive not been well for about the last 18 months i was put on antidepressant's over a year ago 50mg for anxiety. Over the last 8 months i have been so tired itching on my arms, severe pain in my lower back, neck and shoulders, my feet are so stiff in the morning and they feel swollen the pain eases a little after a couple of hours, ive also started with sinus trouble and postnasal drip and dry mouth. I work 8 hours a day Mon to Fri and i can honestly say i need the weekend to rest after my week in work. I just want to sleep. I have had numerous blood tests thyroid T4, a inflammation blood test, iron, blood sugars all came back ok except for serum ferritin was low also doctor has increased my antidepressants to 100mg given me a steroid nasal spray and iron tablets which have done nothing so fed up feel like the doctor does'nt believe me i just cannot stand feeling the way i do the tiredness is awful. Hope someone can help as all my doctor has actual said it could be the start of the menapause or CFT. Im not convinced xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Terri,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. Does sound like a lot of symptoms related to Fibro. I can relate to many of them. Like you, I had truckloads of tests, all came back negative. (Familiar story for many on here). Could you ask your Doc to refer you to a rheumatologist, they seem to be the ones who diagnose Fibro. Also you don't say how old you are, but many of your symptoms don't sound like menopause, but I am no expert so please don't take my word for it.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne thank you so much for your reply, look after yourself xx
  • Posted

You have a lot of symptoms that remind me of Fibromyalgia. Have you went to a Rheumotologist? They will take a ton of blood from you and check your ANA I believe it's called. I had to quit because I could hardly function at work with blurry vision, migraine and not being able to sit or stand to long with out one or the other absolutely killing me. Half the time I sleep on the sofa because I'm up 3 times a night hearing up heating pads. Denied DISABILTY because to educate, experienced and trained have to appeal, what a joke. I hurt 24/7 it never goes away unless I'm in hot water 24/7 MAYBE! SHowers and hot pools and hot tubs help relieve some pain. I understand your frustration and I don't think antidepressant is the answer, tried that also.
  • Posted

Hi terri, sorry about your pain, really feeling for you..CFS is usually part of Fibro..and all your other issues too...maybe ask your dr for a referral to a Rhumotologist ...then you can get a proper diagnoses..some dr's really don't have the knowledge on Fibro..you have to really take your health in your own hands too...google-research the info you need....even if you take the info to your dr..it can help...I did it over 22 years ago and it really helped ...unfortunately they really don't know everything, as nice as they can be....hope you get help soon..be blessed..remember the key to Fibro is 'Less Stress'. Yes..very hard while your waiting for a diagnoses...but, you are not alone.....be blessed, have a great day..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine thank you firstly for your reply im going to try a get a referal fingers crossed. Look after yourself xx
  • Posted

Hi Terri I can sympathise with you completely. I too suffer with recurring sinus infections, post nasal drip (I've had a terrible barking cough for almost 3 yrs) plus all the widespread pain, migraines , fatigue and stomach problems that go with Fibro/CFS. I also have degenerative disc disease and widespread osteo. We women also suffer hormonal changes which make our illness even worse and understandably more difficult to diagnose therefore you will need to as for a rheumatology referral. I also spent all my evening and weekends sleeping and then due to memory and concern traction problems was no longer able to function at work and therefore had to give it up. Very hard to accept but your health is the most important thing so please do not push yourself to do anything you are unable to do both mentally or physically. I hope you get an answer and help really soon. Take care of yourself xx
    • Posted

Hiya Gizmo, far toooo many of us suffer bad sinus, I am definitely going to research  it...maybe chat to a doc too...:-) xx be blessed..
    • Posted

Hi firstly thank you for your reply i will try for a referal the drs have given me all the blood tests i think they can. Look after yourself xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.