help needed please

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been loseing blood for 3 months now but its first bthing in the morning when i wake up and if i go back to sleep then i wake up again and it starts all over again does this happen to others ?

ive been having attacks while drive the ast few weeeks and im going to go back to doctors i have no control over my bowel at all how do people cope with this ?

im all ways tired coz of the loseing blood and rely grumpy and hate what i have i say why me

how do people accepted the health

ive had this for over 15 years now but it fills now it getting worse and no i mite have to have the opp

do people do anything to for the pain like hot water bottles or warm baths

im all way worrying were the toiliet is when im out how do people cope ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Believe me i been there... have you ever tried Mesalamine Rectal enemas? 4grams/60ml?after bleeding for months like you my doctor put me on those an after the first dose i felt some relief...i did it for 30 days....it stopped my bleeding after two weeks... it really helps.....since Aug 2014 i haven't experience anything like that again...now if i see blood i just get the enemas an attack it before it gets bad...which i only do it for a week then im clear.....i hope this helps...cause it really changed my life...i went from using the bathroom 20xs a day to once a day.....
    • Posted

i did try these few years ago but i found once it entered then i was in the loo i couldnt keep it in as mine is in the trunk

• Posted

It's a loathsome disease and without wanting to be demoralising, there is as yet no cure, other than the surgery you mention.

When I first developed UC, I bought incontinence pants to see me through. My consultatnt prescribed Mesazaline foam enemas which I was unable to tolerate. Try as I might, the foam just bubbled out again within 20 mins or so. He then suggested I try Mesalazine suppositories which worked for me and the bleeding stopped with a matter of days. 

Be aware that if you are losing a lot of blood, you may well become anaemic which will lead to tiredness. See your GP, explain your symptoms and ask for a blood test to check for anaemia.

There really is no point in the 'why me?' question. It's just the way things are and you, like the rest of us here, have been unlucky in developing UC. Once you accept the situation you will be better placed to learn how to live with the condition.  I know how I felt when I was told I hade developed UC. I went home and read up about it, and what I discovered horrified and frightened me. But there are drugs to help alleviate the symptoms, and although my life is different to what it was before, I can and do still enjoy myself.

Do you live in the UK?  If so google 'Symprove' and read upi about that. It's a pro-biotic drink which seems to be effective in relieving symptoms for some people at least. Others recommend drinking Volvic mineral water rather than tap water as they have found that to be beneficial.

If you are going out, try to find out in advance where the public lavatories are. When driving, plan for frequent stops, if possible, and always take a change of clothing or two with you together with a roll of toilet tissue and a packet of moist toilet tissue.

In myexperience, this disease affects people in very different ways and prduces symptoms which vary considerably from person to person.

I send you my very best wishes for a quick return to health and let us all hope and pray that a cure for this disease (and Crohn's) will be discovered during our lifetime.

• Posted

Hi im currently going threw a flare up myself i know what u mean about the urgency whixh i panic every time i go out so i always make sure if i go out to places there better be a restroom there. Ive been bleeding for a month or two im taking prednisone but doesnt work and worst of all that im pregnant with 5 months and my gi doesn't really wanna prescribe me anything sad she said i might be bleeding all my pregnancy (which i think is not healthy) ...in the mornings its worst i have ibs with diarrhea. I feel plain awful some days
    • Posted

Ask him for mesalamine rectal suspension 4 grams/60ml.... they helped me right then an there...like i was bleeding for three months an after the second day of the enemas the blood was completely gon....im currently on Lialda 4x a day...an i only use the enemas at the first sign i see blood..which havent seen in months ....hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.