Help Needed Please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All... Woke up this morning with my heart beating quite fast, walked to the toilet (About 10 steps) and my heart was absolutely pounding) I lay back down and my heart rate came down to the 90s - 100s but when I try to get back up it shoots back up again...Any suggestions please? I also notice after each episode I feel sick and I have this really uneasy feeling and need to go to the toilet loads to pass urine...I can only describe it a bit like having adrenaline being left in your body...So tired of this... 🙁 Could this be Pots as I don't have it all the time?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You dont have to have attacks 24/7 to have pots, there are other signs like uncontrolled sweats, blacking out when in queues, if you stand in a shower and close your eyes to wash your hair you cant balance....all sorts of things in fact.

On monday contact your G.P and have a chat with him , he can arrange a TTT test      ( tilt table test) this is a simple painless test , your laid flat on a table strapped down then tipped up and down while your heartbeat is monitored.

9 out  of 10 people come up positive with this if they are showing signs.

your doctor will get you to see a POTS. Consultant if its positive and its a case of doing what he says and being aware of your limitations.....you can live a good life so good luck and keep me posted.

ami xxxx

• Posted

Oh really... I find I suffer from heat intolerance and definitely get the shower experience! and feel dizzy/lightheaded (like a rush/dropping feeling going through my body) I was diagnoded with SVT in 2015 and i'm already seeing a cardiologist who thinks I have a mild form of POTS and also sinus tachycardia...Have never been offerd a TTT - someting I will be asking for now though...

Thans so much for replying,

Gillian x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.