Help needed please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 46 & in Jan this year, the AD the had been on for 3 years seemed to stop working, this seemed to coincide with peri menopause symptoms, including bad anxiety & low mood, I started on Fluouxetine 11 weeks & after bad side effects to start, I felt better & was confident they were working, about a week ago I felt off during my period & since then I have been having bad anxiety adrenaline surges, I went to the docs Monday & they put my dose up to 40 mg, I was on 40 mg of my last AD, I have had the worst couple of days, have been doing yoga & walking, but have felt the worst I’ve been for ages, especially adrenaline anxiety, don’t know what to do for the best, any advice welcome

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

sorry you are struggling. The first couple of times I increased I felt like I was back at the beginning. It took about 4 weeks to settle. Flou is used to help depression and anxiety in menopause. How often are you getting the adrenaline based anxiety? Do you feel better after exercising?

• Posted

It’s off the scale today, started this morning, settled after yoga & meditation & tonight really bad, so went for a run, but I feel very unlike myself & terrified I’m not going to get better, I’m sure it’s hormonal, it’s come out of nowhere & my life is good. Im so on edge, I can’t even see things in perspective, like I usually can 

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. That is because of the anxiety it's not the true you. Breathe, mediate, occupy your mind to help ease it. Try not to sit around thinking and feeding the anxiety. You are going to get better honey. Unfortunately it never happens fast enough. This is a slow process but worth it in the end.

im assuming you live in the UK as you said it is evening where you are. 

Im going to a doctors appointment and won't be back for a few hours. I will check in when I get home.

You are not alone. ??💪

• Posted

Thanks Laurie, I’d forgot how bad this can be, It’s a struggle to be positive today x
    • Posted

I am nearly 7 months on 20 mg fluoxetine my anxiety is very high my head feels twisted and adrenaline surges when it is this bad I feel I will never enjoy and bumble through life again last week was better it seems to come and peak then get a bit easier again I hate the horrible mood and feeling it brings with it so hard to stay positive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.