Help needed please

Posted , 2 users are following.

have been on 25mgs of sertraline for 2 months, 10days ago after a couple of down days decided maybe time to increase, as dr did say 1 week on 25 then up to 50 but thought I was doing ok so why take more then needed and I had just spent 6 months of hell on citalopram. anyway after 10 days on 50 I feel worse, I did not have any side effects when I started on 25 or for the first 5 days on the increased dose but these last 5 days have been hard, not so much with the usual side effects but have anxiety spikes all day, very low and very scared that I will become as ill as I was on the cit. not too sure what to do next, I only took 37.5 last night as I am thinking maybe 50 is too much for me and I should have stuck it out longer. any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, I think maybe you should stick it out as I have been on increased level of LUSTRAL & its been rotten, but the last three days have been so good, I am glad I didnt give up. Mind you its now six weeks & symptoms have eased over the weeks & anxiety took a little while longer to settle, it got worse before it got better. Hopefully others will offer you advice, but for me, I am glad I am sticking it out. All the best with your journey & believe you will get there. x

• Posted

thank you for your words of encouragement. I just guess my patience has been wiped out due to spending 6 months waiting for the citalopram to kick in. I am a bit scared that this one will go the same way, my rational head tells me it will not because it feels different but you know what it is like when mr anxiety comes calling, all normal thoughts go out the door but thanks again for replying and giving me hope x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.