Help needed regarding tooth decay casued by Wisdom Tooth

Posted , 2 users are following.

If you check the xray (where i circled in red), I have a tooth decay because of wisdom teeth coming close to my last tooth. My options are to do a root canal on the decayed tooth and eventually get the wisdom tooth removed OR get the decayed tooth removed and let the wisdom teeth occupy its place. 

And my wisdom teeth is partially erupted, so it is not out fully. 

I have asked around for a few suggestions and everyone is suggesting to go for option 2 which is removed the decayed tooth and let wisdom tooth partially take its place. 

Can anyone suggest if that is a good option. As you can see all my teeth are healthy and I just had bad luck with the wisdom tooth coming at an angle! 

Thanks in advance smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, the image did not get added properly, will try again.. 
  • Posted

Hello,  Regarding your tooth issue, I would  reccomend the second option.  If you have a root canal done it will ultimately fail, as you are leaving a dead member in your body.  It will have to be pulled anyway.  Root canals breed bacterial infection below the root canal.  That is like a mother having a baby and leaving the placenta in her body.It will rot.  I had several root canals and they all failed  me.  So they had to be extracted anyway.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info.... I got the tooth extracted in December... Didn't go for the root canal.
  • Posted

If it was my mouth option 2 for sure...Ive had it done and my wisdom tooth moved right into place without an issue.Even if your wisdom tooth is at an angle its only due to crowding and once you remove the decayed tooth it should straighten out correctly.Good luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.