Help! Nexium and diarrhea scare

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone. it has been 10 days since I started taking nexium. I have noticed that when I don’t get enough sleep or when I’m stressed out I get watery diarrhea. I’m scared of developing the clostridium difficile infection. I have noticed that when I don’t get enough sleep or when I’m stressed out I get watery diarrhea. Did anyone take this medicine and have watery diarrhea for one day and then reserve the next day? Please reply I am really anxious and scared

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , i wouldnt worry ,as most ppis / stomach meds can give you diarrhea . Your body is adjusting to it . Does it help your stomach symptoms you are dealing with ?

• Posted

If Nexium gives you diarrhoea, simply stop taking this medication. Get enough sleep and try relaxation therapy to deal with your stress levels since lack of sleep and stress seems to trigger diarrhoea. If these solutions don't work see your doctor. Try to stay as calm as possible because anxiety can upset your gut.

• Posted

One of the common side affects is diarrhea .. Talk to your doctor about it

• Posted

Stop taking Nexium. Take Loperamide anti-diarrhea pills when you get diarrhea. Watery stools is a sign of oncoming IBS.

• Posted

Watery stools can be caused by any number of things and not always a sign of IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.