help no sleep insomnia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi chaps im 56 and have developed insomnia after coming off weed after ten years its been abowt 4 weeks now ive lost abowt ten pounds in weight in that time goin full days withowt sleep pro not ad a 8 hours sleep for weeks im absolultly distraught tbh can anyone help pls

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the no sleep club!

I hear you bro. I used cannabis for a long time, still do actually but not on the scale I did before (I'll explain in a min) and coming off it affects everyone's sleep. The reason is because weed is a sedative, and without it you simply do not feel sedated making it very difficult to sleep. Depending on how long you did it for and how much you smoked, the longer it will take for your sleep to return. I smoked for about 12 years (heavily) then stopped cold turkey, didn't sleep properly for about 4 months then stupidly started taking zopiclone.

Whatever you do, do not touch any form of sleep medication. This will mess you up badly, you need to just wait until your natural sleep returns unfortunately. Be patient, change your lifestyle, eat better, try exercising. This all helps, trust me.

I still use a vaporizer on an evening to sedate myself because without it I just don't sleep and have a lot of trouble going to work after several sleepless nights. Just to be clear though, if I hadn't started messing around with prescription drugs I believe my sleep would have returned at around the 6 month mark.

Do not make the same mistakes I did. Good luck and don't stress yourself out.

Lee.

• Posted

Thanks lee so down at mo they have given me 3 diazipan to take but not sure abowt takin them was only a light smoker 2 maybe single skinners a night for bowt ten year thanks for reply m8
    • Posted

Try valerian root pills first. Taking benzos will result in dependency. Valerian works in a similar way but is natural. Otherwise you are in a state called withdrawal and you have to just go through it and your sleep will eventually come back. It does.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.