HELP! Nothing's working for my acne

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have hormonal acne that has started to spread to my forehead and chin. I have super fair skin and every spot is leaving me with dark purple scars. Last year my skin was clear as I had been on Yasmin for around 8 months. 6 months ago they changed my pill to Lucette, which they said was just a different brand name, however I have broke out since and am unable to control it. They said they no longer fund Yasmin. I have tried all the products below and strict skincare regimes but none of them work. I'm now getting really deep painful cystic spots that are staying under my skin for months!

Anyone got any ideas?

Products tried:

Zineryt

Duac

Acnecide

Doxycycline

Numerous other contraceptive pills

Tpoical and oral antibiotics combined

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi it sounds like you need to see a dermatologist. If you are in the UK then go through your doctor. If elsewhere then I don't know. A dermatologist is the expert in skin diseases and can prescribe stronger treatment. Whatever you do don't pick or burst them as this will cause pits in your skin. Dark scars will fade in time and are much easier to cover up than dents.

Good luck. x

• Posted

Have you tried giving up dairy, alcohol and sugar for a few months? It really can help your skin if your acne is hormonal.

Otherwise if your hormonal acne is due to polycystic ovaries, you could go on metformin or anti androgen medication. Also roaccutane is used for severe acne, but all these medications are not without side effects though.

• Posted

there is also laser treatment for mild/moderate acne and acne scars.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.